5E Character Create Playlist

Rise of Tiamat - a more climatic end battle

OK, I've finally finished all my notes and modifications on Rise of Tiamat for my home campaign. I like the module, but the climatic battle at the end is kind-of-lacking. It's a great scene - while armies fight outside the Well, and dragons are battling in the sky, you're in the temple trying to stop the ritual. Visually, it reminds me of some of the better dungeon/raid boss battles in WoW. But it's not nearly as dynamic. And the ritual is poorly detailed, and Tiamat's power scale is wonky (either the players got many of the reductions, or they got few, and there's little in between).

I like to think I came up with a good modification for all that, so I thought I'd strip that section (Episode 9) down to its bare metal, and post that here. The result relies solely on having the Rise of Tiamat and Monster Manual modules available. Because of this it flows a little awkwardly at times, since I use reference links instead of incorporating text, but it's very similar to how I *used* to take my notes before FG, so it's still eminently usable.

Hope you all find this useful.

PS. Here's the link to the modified Council Scorecard I used.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...EVKYm9ZX3pqRmM

Oh, and if you've downloaded it, I'd really like to hear your opinions on it. Peer review for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianLurker View Post
    OK, I've finally finished all my notes and modifications on Rise of Tiamat for my home campaign. I like the module, but the climatic battle at the end is kind-of-lacking. It's a great scene - while armies fight outside the Well, and dragons are battling in the sky, you're in the temple trying to stop the ritual. Visually, it reminds me of some of the better dungeon/raid boss battles in WoW. But it's not nearly as dynamic. And the ritual is poorly detailed, and Tiamat's power scale is wonky (either the players got many of the reductions, or they got few, and there's little in between).

I like to think I came up with a good modification for all that, so I thought I'd strip that section (Episode 9) down to its bare metal, and post that here. The result relies solely on having the Rise of Tiamat and Monster Manual modules available. Because of this it flows a little awkwardly at times, since I use reference links instead of incorporating text, but it's very similar to how I *used* to take my notes before FG, so it's still eminently usable.

Hope you all find this useful.

PS. Here's the link to the modified Council Scorecard I used.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...EVKYm9ZX3pqRmM
    Hi. Unfortunately I am unable to open the attached .mod file. I would assome that this attachment contained the details on your customizations, right? Would you be able to share your notes in written form or in another file format ?

Thx a lot. Now I understood :-). Thx for pointing me in the right direction. I just stumbled accross it when searching for tips on customizing the campaign and did not yet know fantasygound builder tool. I will have a look now. Thx so much for sharing.

Thread Information