DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    -tokens were mostly in host, but quite a number in shared
    -map shared that got gray screen was 800kb
    -shared one map at a time
    -gm was wired to router
    -750Kbps or so
    -mask was on, but map still didn't show when I removed the mask and synced
    -I tested it all out on my computer with a second instance, no problems, but the second instance was using the same local files so it didn't have to download anything

Actually, it does technically download the file into the client cache. The second player client has no direct access to the files on disk for your campaign, so they are transferred just like they would be for your session.

Can you test with less people connected? If you set up your host and post here, perhaps myself or one of the other forum users can connect and see if we see the map. Make sure that the map is shared, and has a circled P icon next to it in the campaign images list.

Regards,
    JPG

Also, you may want to reduce the number of shared tokens and image map sizes, given that your upload speed is not that fast. Every shared token and every image file marked as public will be transferred to each client individually from your machine. So, multiply everything by the number of players. Plus, given the upload cited, I'm assuming DSL, which I've heard has realistic upload bandwidth lower than cited speeds.

Regards,
    JPG

if you want to test, you can try to connect with 'xeno bard nosy bard'

Blog Entries
    Trying now.

Edit: Could not connect to host.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

So for example. The NPC tokens where I have to save it in order the players can't see them in their token library but in the map?

I have my tokens in a module but when I put a token in the map they can't see it.

Any tokens that are used in an encounter will be visible in the players token bag. There isn't a way to prevent that from happening if that is your question.

I'm not sure about your second question. Anything that you place on the map will be visible to the players once you make the NPC visible on the combat tracker and provided that the token is not under the mask.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Any tokens that are used in an encounter will be visible in the players token bag. There isn't a way to prevent that from happening if that is your question.

I'm not sure about your second question. Anything that you place on the map will be visible to the players once you make the NPC visible on the combat tracker and provided that the token is not under the mask.
    Ok I think that's my problem. When I tested I actually just put a token from the token library. I'll try do what you said, pull the token from combat tracker.

Right click on a token added directly to the map to change its visibility. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ens#Visibility
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information