DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 13 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Woot! A weekday game!
    I am available for either slot so can be moved around to make things work for others. Bk, bring your WP, why not?
    Ya, he's a lot of fun to play, but i think for this one, i'll need a different skill set. he kind of lacks in the knowledge skill department.
    FGU Ultimate License - Savage Worlds GM

It's nice to know that you can use the wisdom of the PC you're not going to play to help with your meta-gaming skill check. "But any such scenario would be a failure if it didn't try to share the love among PCs of all types, or so one would think," said Venture Captain Inkling McSquidkin.
    Last edited by HoloGnome; November 19th, 2015 at 15:13.

Ya, you could look at it that way... I just want to be able to contribute and I don't think my warpriest would be all that useful for a scenario like this. His main focus is combat, with secondary healing and buffing. outside of that, he has limited knowledge skills, low perception, and low social skills. so, when the combat's done and over with, and we're into the mystery portion of the scenario, he sits around with his thumb up his butt. Or, I could take a character that may not be all that great on the combat side of things, but has the necessary skills to contribute towards solving the mystery, which is the focus of the scenario, and actually feel like a useful member of the group, not just someone who's along for the ride. if that's meta, then color me guilty all day long.
    Last edited by GM BK; November 19th, 2015 at 20:01.

Victoria would be the character to bring to this scenerio, but she's only level 2!

You're touching on a topic broader than just this scenario; I have observed that combat-dedicated characters seem to be spectating on an increasing proportions of scenarios. Perhaps it's not a trend, and it's just the mix of scenarios I've played/GMed. As a result, I really think twice now about social and knowledge skills in my PFS character developments... I like it, I must admit.

Bigboom I love you thank you
    Aerine of Safe Haven

Yes, and i too have been noticing the same and enjoying it as well. it adds to the story line and makes the scenario more memorable. i'm just tired of walking away from the table feeling like i've contributed nothing.

If i bring the warpriest on this one, i have an odd feeling, that's going to happen again. And it has nothing to do with how i've built this character. yes, his feats are combat dedicated... but he's a Shoanti Warpriest of Gorum. He should be good at fighting. that's within his character. but i've also put points in INT, and although his skill point pool is limited, i've invested in both his knowledge and social skills. Even so, they are assist level at best. He's not an INT based class, nor a CHA based class, so that should be expected. I'll never be able to match those kind of classes with those skills, and that's fine. he is just not the right character for this scenario. Sure, i could bring him along and try to hammer the round peg into the square hole, but why should i when i could take a character more suited for the adventure and not only contribute more, but have a lot more fun doing it. unfortunately, that means taking along a pregen, but at least i'll be able to apply the credit elsewhere to help build up a catalog of characters to choose from.

If I have a combat guy and he has nothing to do, he still opens his big fat negative charisma mouth. Things sometimes get interesting fast.

Someone tie a rope on that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Someone tie a rope on that guy.
    With the other end secured to a tree.
    Those of you who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.

FG License: Ultimate
    Server Alias: crazy cave dashing ninja
    TeamSpeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    TeamSpeak Password (case sensitive): Dungeoneers

Here is my character for the 4-5 game - Sherperd Mordel.
    Server License: Ultimate. Anyone can play for free.
    Server Address: Cold Thief Bold Luck

Thread Information