FG Spreadshirt Swag

Cracked and Crooked Manse - Crumpled Note

I'm not sure of anyone else, but on my copy of this module, the crumpled note is blank.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Since I have a physical copy of the module, it wasn't much effort to transcribe the note to FG. For those who don't have a physical copy of the module, I have copied and pasted the note for your convenience (scroll down):

To whom it may concern,
    I am writing this statement in the event of my joining my staff and my expedition memebers in death, I Arthur Cornthwaite, being of sound mind and body
    No time for formality of legalisms! It is the thing I thought I had fled from it that foul green place, that accursed temple, yet somehow it has followed me here. I know the signs, there can be no mistake. It is with me. It is a thing so clever, so terrible that...
    MELODRAMA! What's the point? Notes to myself in an empty house! Whoever reads this knows or will know, of it, but what you must also know is that it has a weakness so simple, so...

Looking at the code of the module I see that the text is in the nonidentified section of the item. If you enable "Item: Identification" in the campaign settings you will see the text and can share with the players.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Interesting. The other Item in the module, "The Missing People" showed text but also had the 'unidentified' symbol active in the upper left hand corner, but the text showed up.

I did as you said, and sure enough, it popped up. Weird.

It's just the way the FG module designer decided to display the info.

For "The Missing People" book there is two sets of text: one for unidentified (essentially the info on the cover of the book) and then text once the book was studied the identified info could be revealed.

It would have been nice for the designer to have a story section on the FG conversion and make note that item identification should be enabled.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah, it would have. Sort of made me scratch my head for a minute, but no big! Thanks!!

Thread Information