DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last
    This extension was not created for the CoreRPG ruleset itself as it was a direct replacement for the older languages extension (which didn't work in CoreRPG). So, I'm guessing you're not loading the extension as "Fantasy Language Fonts" isn't available as an option for CoreRPG based campaigns?

Try the attached (I've modified it to work with the CoreRPG ruleset) - but you'll need to activate it in your campaign (load a brand new CoreRPG campaign). If you don't see the loading message in the chat window (shown in post #8 above) then it's not loading.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by David32780 View Post
    1. Core RPG

2. No, I figured it was not needed anymore when I read this in the CoreRPG extension list

Attachment 14140

Or is this extension on the list something totally different than what I thought it was as being the base for the symbols?
    OK, there's obviously some confusion here. You haven't loaded this extension at all (the one included in post #1 of this thread). Extensions need to be loaded to be used. This extension adds a bunch of fonts that were in the old extension (which is no longer needed). But you need to load this extension (attached in post #1) in order to still be able to use the fonts from the old languages extension.

So - the question is: are you just trying to get basic language fonts to work? Or are you actually trying to load this extension and use the additional language fonts?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I loaded the extension and it loaded the language symbols.

Attachment 14143

What I think got me was reading on the forum page that the old language extension was no longer needed and that was why I did not load the extension in the first place because I assumed they were added in the base CoreRPG ruleset.

Is there a way to now get the Dwarvish, Elvish, Sylvan, Primordial etc like what is in the 5e ruleset. Or is that just available there?

Thanks guys and sorry for any confusion here.

Sorry to keep bothering you guys.

Is there a way to now get the Dwarvish, Elvish, Sylvan, Primordial etc like what is in the 5e ruleset. Or is that just available there?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Get them from the 5e ruleset and use the extension that Trenloe uploaded for you and have a tinker... Im sure you will work it out....

For some reason when I use this extension, the "Elven" font shows as a blank entry on the language selection list.
    Image attached.Attachment 16774

Dwarven and a few other fonts also don't show up on the front drop down selection list. I've tried loading just this extension and no other extensions in a NEW campaign and the issue persists.

I've tried a few other combinations of the default language extension and this one and your other language extension and loading a new campaign each time. Yet I Can't seem to get this bug fixed so that it shows all the proper language fronts in the drop down.

PS. Sorry for the double post!
    Last edited by Dracius; December 5th, 2016 at 08:07.

Accidental double post. Delete this please.
    Last edited by Dracius; December 5th, 2016 at 08:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracius View Post
    For some reason when I use this extension, the "Elven" font shows as a blank entry on the language selection list.
    Image attached.Attachment 16774

Dwarven and a few other fonts also don't show up on the front drop down selection list. I've tried loading just this extension and no other extensions in a NEW campaign and the issue persists.

I've tried a few other combinations of the default language extension and this one and your other language extension and loading a new campaign each time. Yet I Can't seem to get this bug fixed so that it shows all the proper language fronts in the drop down.
    Thanks for the heads-up. This is due to the 5E ruleset having the language string set to Dwarvish and Elvish, where the extension expects these to be Dwarven and Elven. I'll provide an update when I've thought of the best way to do this so that all rulesets using this extension keep compatibility.

Can you please also add fonts for Druidic and Thieves Cant in the next update?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracius View Post
    Can you please also add fonts for Druidic and Thieves Cant in the next update?
    Druidic was in there (using the Aquan font) but that has also been removed from the 5E language names by the looks of it. I'll add that to the list to hard code - we'll lose "translation" of the interface by hard coding, but it will stop these issues occurring in future.

You can add "languages" in yourself - within a campaign, go to the "Options" window, click the "Languages" button, then add the language name you want to match in FG and the most relevant font you want to use. The fonts this extension adds are shown here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post166710

Thread Information