STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Status Token Pack

I was messing around and discovered that it would be nice to have some tokens to represent different effects that the Characters on the battlemat were currently experiencing (ie Flatfooted, hidden, etc). Here is a link to the page where u can get status_tokens.zip. FYI, they are scaled at 13x13 pixels to fit nicely in the corner under one of Elric's awesome tokens. It takes a bit of finesse to get them under the character model, you have to plop the token nearby and then drag it and tuck it under a corner of the model.

There is also an image at 2x Zoom so you can see what they look like. They're kinda blurry in the JPG, but they look quite sharp in FG itself.

I'm looking forward to your comments.

Helio

(And yes, I know that Angelfire SuXXoRs, so only comments about the tokens, please )

edit: New pic, no zoom.

I like then, I'm not sure I'll use them until after the 1.04 patch is out as at the moment my token box is cluttered enough, but certainly they appear useful.

Yup thx for that, very useful to get an overview in battle, especially also for the DM controlling mutiple affected creatures.
    MAPVENTURES
    https://www.mapventures.com
    Fantasy Adventures, Maps & Electronic Modules

Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss2
    ...at the moment my token box is cluttered enough...
    I can certainly agree with that. Im looking forward to the fix for this as well.. I find it useful to have the "Your Turn" arrow (the little green one ) as well as one of the Status "!" or the Not Sign(O + /) to mark characters that have acted already.

Anyways, I've been brainstorming for some more ideas, and I'll make tokens as I encounter situations where I need something I don't have. More to come ... sometime

Anyways, thanks for the comments both of you.
    Helio

Thanks for these!

I was thinking about doing something similiar - but now I can continue with other pursuits - like getting my ruleset finished!

Well.. got around to making some more. Also uploaded better pic's of the token packs. Handy link here.

Lemme know how they suit you.

Helio

Sweet!

Can I mirror these over on my site?

By all means, you can mirror. That goes for anyone else who would like to use/host them. They're jsut little 13x13 pixel bmps, so no intense bandwidth required.

BTW: Do you know how HARD it is to do a convincing Ferret at that resolution?? Im still not satisfyed with it, or the "lizzard" I did with green instead of brown.

Also, I couldnt decide which "invisible" token to use, so I posted a few different ones to choose from.

Happy Gaming!
    Helio

edit: not jpegs

Ever throw 5 or 6 or so Goblins at your party? Then have all get wounded but none killed? And since you're using the same goblin model for all the goblins, how do you keep them straight? Here's how: (in FG anyway) use status token pack #3! Its a handy collection of the numbers 1-10 in Roman Numerals, in 4 different colors, just in case you use 10 goblins and 10 kobolds and 10 dire rats and 10 Pit Fiends at the same time. Well.. i guess you wouldnt need all 4 colors in that situation, just the Pit Fiend ones, but you get the picture. This link is the same as the one a few posts ago, so you dont have to scroll back up.

As always, enjoy!

Helio

PS - Yes, if you want to mirror or host this you may. To quote ANBU-Keep (a fansub group) "Not for Sale, Rent or E-bay."

[quote="heliopolix"]use status token pack #3! Its a handy collection of the numbers 1-10 in Roman Numerals, in 4 different colors, just in case you use 10 goblins and 10 kobolds and 10 dire rats and 10 Pit Fiends at the same time. Well.. i guess you wouldnt need all 4 colors in that situation, just the Pit Fiend ones, but you get the picture. This link is the same as the one a few posts ago, so you dont have to scroll back up.quote]

Thank U, very usefull. But now we really need the 1.04 patch to sort the tokenbox. Mine is so crowded I cant find anything in there anymore
    MAPVENTURES
    https://www.mapventures.com
    Fantasy Adventures, Maps & Electronic Modules

Thread Information