STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 34 First 123412 ... Last
    Hey this really looks like a fun long game which I definitely like.
    Will have my character ready today for you.

Andi/cmdisc: Oh - I see - I hadn't checked the Sanctioned Content key. It looks like we'll be able to do at least 15 levels!

Below is how it will go for characters that play the whole thing. Also, your character will level out at the end, assuming that you begin with a dedicated character for this campaign at 0XP.

SANCTIONED CONTENT KEY (with starting XP)
    Level 1: The Tower Ruins 1–2 (0XP, PC/1)
    Level 2: The Cellars 1–3 (3XP, PC/2)
    Level 3: Splinterden 2–4 (6XP, PC/3)
    Level 4: Godhome 3–5* (9XP, PC/4) -- SLOW
    Level 5: The Drowned Level 3–5* (10.5XP, PC/4.5) -- SLOW
    Level 6: The Clockwork Maze 4–6 (12XP, PC/5)
    Level 7: Shrine of the Awakener 5–7 (15XP, PC/6)
    Level 8: The Circle of Vissk-Thar 6–8 (18XP, PC/7)
    Level 9: The Spire Axis 7–9 (21XP, PC/8)
    Level 10: The Magma Vault 8–10* (24XP, PC/9) -- SLOW
    Level 11: The Tomb of Yarrix 8–10* (25.5XP, PC/9.5) -- SLOW
    Level 12: The Automaton Forge 9–11* (27XP, PC/10) -- SLOW
    Level 13: The Pleasure Gardens 9–11* (28.5XP, PC/10.5) -- SLOW
    Level 14: The Throne of Azlant 10–12* (30XP, PC/11) -- SLOW
    Level 15: Order and Chaos 10–12* (31.5XP, PC/11.5) -- SLOW
    [Level 16: The Emerald Root 11–13 (33XP, PC/12 - ends beyond 12th -- OR...instead do SEEKER/Eyes of the Ten)]

Altogether, there will be 8 levels with SLOW advancement in the above plan. I guess it's possible to run Level 16, since the sanctioned AP chronicle is Level 11-13 (but will leave you with > 33 XP).

Alternately, we could add 2 more SLOW levels (Levels 9 & 16, 10 total) to end Level 16 with exactly 33XP and have characters be eligible for Eyes of the Ten (seems preferable, if I am understanding everything correctly):

SANCTIONED CONTENT KEY (with starting XP)
    Level 1: The Tower Ruins 1–2 (0XP, PC/1)
    Level 2: The Cellars 1–3 (3XP, PC/2)
    Level 3: Splinterden 2–4 (6XP, PC/3)
    Level 4: Godhome 3–5* (9XP, PC/4) -- SLOW
    Level 5: The Drowned Level 3–5* (10.5XP, PC/4.5) -- SLOW
    Level 6: The Clockwork Maze 4–6 (12XP, PC/5)
    Level 7: Shrine of the Awakener 5–7 (15XP, PC/6)
    Level 8: The Circle of Vissk-Thar 6–8 (18XP, PC/7)
    Level 9: The Spire Axis 7–9 (21XP, PC/8) -- SLOW
    Level 10: The Magma Vault 8–10* (22.5XP, PC/8.5) -- SLOW
    Level 11: The Tomb of Yarrix 8–10* (24XP, PC/9) -- SLOW
    Level 12: The Automaton Forge 9–11* (25.5XP, PC/9.5) -- SLOW
    Level 13: The Pleasure Gardens 9–11* (27XP, PC/10) -- SLOW
    Level 14: The Throne of Azlant 10–12* (28.5XP, PC/10.5) -- SLOW
    Level 15: Order and Chaos 10–12* (30XP, PC/11) -- SLOW
    Level 16: The Emerald Root 11–13 (31.5XP, PC/11.5) -- SLOW
    --> End at 33XP, PC/12 - eligible for Seeker / Eyes of the Ten

Feel free to check my math and comment!

If characters want to start with 1XP (from the Confirmation, for example), you can do Spire 1: Tower Ruins as SLOW for 1.5XP. Then, I'm willing to divert to another regular scenario as SLOW for 0.5XP, and that will let us resume Spire 2: The Cellars on track for the rest of the progression above with 3XP.

So, if you want to run your characters who have been in the Confirmation, that is what I would recommend. It's a little bit involved, but should ensure that nobody is unhappy at the end!
    Last edited by HoloGnome; November 5th, 2015 at 16:59.

Quote Originally Posted by HoloGnome View Post
    Kiito - Sorry, but I am not considering brand new players for this game. I'll run The Confirmation again in the not-too-distant future...or you can check out one of the CORE games that is about to run (soon).
    I'll be running the CORE game on Sunday with Blackfoot, hopefully that'll get me enough exp with the game to join your other games in the future. Just trying to get into as many games as my time allows =D. Thanks!

Oh, OK - sounds great! I hope you have a great time in your first game. The Confirmation is a fun, mysterious, and even thrilling adventure!

Heya HG, are you thinking to consistently run one event per week (with perhaps a weekend off every now and then for holidays)? Or do you plan to schedule each event on an ad hoc basis based on people's availability?

I ask because my personal schedule can get spotty and sometimes varies week to week. As much as I'd love to join, I don't want to sign up and occupy a spot only to then cause scheduling issues or party gaps due to my sometimes erratic schedule.
    Timezone: GMT+7
    Fantasy Grounds License Type: Standard

Having had run Emerald, levels 4+ will take more than one session unless you're just doing combat, then it's nothing more than a crawler.

I guess we'll see. There's no requirement to finish 1 per session (but I don't foresee major problems at the moment) and players will presumably be allocating dedicated characters, so it doesn't really matter in terms of PCs being unavailable for other games. The only issue may be with drop-ins, but, again, it really depends. From experience, providing I do my job as GM, game time will mostly hinge on player choices, decisiveness and turn time.

Actually you can go Regular pace for everything until you hit Dungeon Level 10. Then run 10-15 all Slow Tracked. That will keep you within the range you need to be. Finally finish out Level 16 on Normal and you'll have a character who enjoyed 13 playable levels and ends at 14th.
    Last edited by cmdisc; November 5th, 2015 at 18:42.
    Those of you who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.

FG License: Ultimate
    Server Alias: crazy cave dashing ninja
    TeamSpeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    TeamSpeak Password (case sensitive): Dungeoneers

Quote Originally Posted by kiito View Post
    I'll be running the CORE game on Sunday with Blackfoot, hopefully that'll get me enough exp with the game to join your other games in the future. Just trying to get into as many games as my time allows =D. Thanks!
    Just keep in mind that you can't play Normal PFS characters in CORE games. And if you move your CORE character over to a Normal game, then they are forever Normal from then on.
    Those of you who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.

FG License: Ultimate
    Server Alias: crazy cave dashing ninja
    TeamSpeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    TeamSpeak Password (case sensitive): Dungeoneers

Without spoiling too much, you also need to be careful with Level 4 (Godhome), as it might force you to add in another regular scenario, depending on how the game ends. (HoloGnome, just look at the chronicle for Godhome and you'll know what I mean )

Quote Originally Posted by HoloGnome
    The only issue may be with drop-ins
    By the time you know there's place for a drop-in, you'll have a good idea of how many sessions you'll need for the level, so any drop-ins would be forewarned if it takes longer than one session. Anyone choosing to play a game that's advertised as taking 2 sessions knows that their character gets locked in for that duration
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

83 % of made-up statistics use the number "83 %".

For best results, don't fail.

Thread Information