FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

How do I cancel my subscription? Why is it so non-obvious?

Please Help, getting charge for a subscription after trying all hell to understand how to cancel a subscription it seems impossible. And my bank is told by paypal the charge is consented. Next charge if your stupid enough to try one will be disputed. I would have said something here sooner or done something but the emails I sent weren't written clearly or I wrote the address wrong, why the hell is there no clear and concise cancel place. I suffer from autism and this seems junked up too me. You can't make it hard for someone to not spend money when they already have little. Please take no offense I am not attacking any individual but for the company it is not the right to offer to take someones money and then not have a button that says I rescind permission to take my money. With that said I hope you don't hate me for saying that seems a bit scammie. I did research before getting this and this never came up. So either the good out ways the bad which i'm sure it does cause this is great software, or everyone is better than I at cancelling their subs.

Edit: The Latter it was. Hiding in the miscellaneous section it were. So easy that link could be placed, directly under the buy slot for subscription selection, for us lesser folk. Granted left right where it is so as to not jumble this site, but if it ain't done could that mean they want it to be buried?
    Last edited by Jaipersaga; November 4th, 2015 at 23:24.

FAQ -> How Do I Cancel My Subscription: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...#faq_cancelsub
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

We've also replied to your e-mail we just received 30 minutes ago with instructions, and will credit your card back as soon as you cancel and let us know. The subscription option is completely managed by Paypal, so we can't turn it on/off for you.

Regards,
    JPG

We've also replied to your e-mail we just received 30 minutes ago with instructions, and will credit your card back as soon as you cancel and let us know. The subscription option is completely managed by Paypal, so we can't turn it on/off for you.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Jaipersaga View Post
    but if it ain't done could that mean they want it to be buried?
    No, not at all. If you go to the main page of the store there is the following, in clear sight, right below the subscription options: "* Please read the section of the FAQ on subscriptions prior to purchase." The link takes you to text that outlines how the subscription works and includes "As soon as you cancel your subscription through Paypal (see that section)... "

You're obviously frustrated, I get that. But no one is trying to hide anything about cancelling your subscription or trying to stop you cancelling the subscription. As soon as you posted your rant you were directed to where you could find the information you needed.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I have tried multiple times to cancel my subscription. This has to be the more idiotic subscription set up I have ever seen. I will never use Fantasy Ground and honestly surprised they have not been hit by a class action suit.

Quote Originally Posted by gecko4life View Post
    I have tried multiple times to cancel my subscription. This has to be the more idiotic subscription set up I have ever seen. I will never use Fantasy Ground and honestly surprised they have not been hit by a class action suit.
    That's odd. They seem really willing to help most folks cancel and get refunds if within the window.

I know when I decided to purchase FG outright I canceled my subscription and did the one shot purchase. It was quite easy to go to paypal and just cancel my previous subscription.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

What issues have you had trying to cancel?

It does not show up in Pay Pal under open subscriptions yet it continues to bill my account. I fixed the issue and just closed Pay Pal.

It does not show up in Pay Pal under open subscriptions yet it continues to bill my account. I fixed the issue and just closed Pay Pal.
    OK, so it was a PayPal issue. Sorry you had problems.

Have you emailed [email protected] to tell them about your issues with the subscription through PayPal?

Thread Information