STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Well that was easy...The Universal Module Extension worked. Didn't even know it existed. Not quite as nice as the 5E display. I'll have a play with method 2. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maldev View Post
    Not quite as nice as the 5E display. I'll have a play with method 2. Thanks
    The display will be based on the ruleset (and theme, if any) you're using. Just changing the ruleset in method 2 won't make any difference to this, as FG modules are purely data and don't change the ruleset graphics.

EDIT: also the items don't immediately look great when first opened, as they are unlocked - so all of the fields are shown. This can be fixed by doing a find/replace in the XML and changing the locked field from 0 to 1. This won't stop future edits (i.e. it won't make the items completely read-only), it just means that when the record is opened you'll only see the fields that contain data and can manually unlock to change if needed.
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 17th, 2019 at 17:55.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Ok this took at least 500% longer than I thought it would, but here you go:

Gemstones Universal Module (UM)

Differences from the original:

• [Fixed] All records locked (looks better, in my opinion and saves the GM a step)
    • [Removed] Dbase fields (5) that were just taking up space
    • [Added] Dbase fields (3) to get items to work in most other rulesets
    • [Removed] Old school index list
    • [Fixed] Cost values (some had no commas, some had periods instead of commas, etc.) so that:
    • [Added] Grouped list; FG auto-populates and sorts by cost
    • [Fixed] Moved documentation out of Story (pet peeve of mine) and into a refpage
    • [Fixed] Set category to Accessories

I did a similar thing for the Dungeon Trinkets module (which coincidentally was also from @Lord Entrails, go figure). To make them more or less match up, the name of this one is UM Gemstones and uses the Accessories category for consistency and to not have a bazillion categories for stuff.

Tested and Verified to Work
    • Included base rulesets: 2E, 3.5E/PFRPG, 4E, 5E, PFRPG2, SFRPG, CoreRPG, Fate Core, Cypher System rulesets
    • Retail rulesets: Barbarians of Lemuria, Basic Roleplaying, Call of Cthulhu 6E, Castles & Crusades, Rolemaster Classic, Savage Worlds
    • Community rulesets: GURPS, MoreCore

Tested and Verified to NOT Work
    • Call of Cthulhu 7E

Treasure, gemstones and gold pieces aren't really part of an Investigator's life in CoC but if you absolutely, positively want to use this with CoC7E, you'll need to use the original version with the Universal Module extension.

Caveats
    • The new documentation page and cost-sorted list are CoreRPG-exclusive features, so loading this into a non-CoreRPG+ ruleset will generate an error if you click them. You'll just need to use the master Items window.
    • Having commas in the cost fields makes the item sheets look nice, but royally fuglifies FG's sorting in the grouped list. If I get feedback disliking the list, I can run a regex to remove all the commas so the list will sort in a manner that's more friendly to the eye.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Talyn; July 17th, 2019 at 20:53.

wow, thank you

Well that was fast. Looks amazing. Thanks for all the effort Talyn.
    I spent some time yesterday creating tables from the old DMG 1st edition for Gem quality etal and jewelry also. (See screen shot)
    Could that be implemented into a module? I would like to share them if deemed useful
    Also I am crudely creating random 4E magic item tables as well for quick use in game
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Well that was fast. Looks amazing. Thanks for all the effort Talyn.
    I spent some time yesterday creating tables from the old DMG 1st edition for Gem quality etal and jewelry also. (See screen shot)
    Could that be implemented into a module? I would like to share them if deemed useful
    Also I am crudely creating random 4E magic item tables as well for quick use in game
    Yes, you can make those things into modules. Jewelry and metal etc can't be copyrighted (i.e. like with gemstones). You can create those and out those in a FG module and distribute them. See the link in my signature on some best practices for creating such a module.

4E magic items though are probably protected as IP though. You can make them for yourself, but probably can't share it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Ok, cool. I'll have a play. Thanks

Module creation

Hi all. I have created a module for Random Gems and Jewelry tables following Lord Entrails guide. I have a module in my modules folder.
    I cannot however load it into FG. I am not detecting it in game. I have tried all my campaigns, but no luck.
    How do I upload it so someone can volunteer to test it?

How do I upload it so someone can volunteer to test it?
    Click the "Go advanced" button at the bottom of the reply window and then use the attachment upload button.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah, I have uploaded attachments before. Wouldn't upload anything this time. Shut down computer, did some other stuff and hey presto...It worked
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 29th, 2019 at 00:47. Reason: Temporarily removed module

Thread Information