DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

Gemstone Items Module

So, I was getting tired of constantly creating gem items for my campaigns and therefore I am in the middle of creating a bunch of gem items. Here is the first version of the module for anyone who wants.

It is based off of the 3E SRD, with some changes on my part (removed some of the varieties as half a dozen or so in each value group is sufficient for me) plus adding standard size categories (tiny, small, medium, large, very large, huge) with multiplies for the sizes (small is the "standard" size from the SRD). Note, though I have yet to detail a huge diamond, the value of something like that is really more like a legendary artifact as those that could afford a 5 million gp item are pretty limited.

Couple of issues;
    - Not sure if the Item Type of "Treasure" is correct
    - I have been using commas for thousand separators, does that cause a problem?

Enjoy, I'll post updates when I do more of them (I've done about 15% of what I plan to do)

Updated 11/1; Finished base 10 gp value gems, added story entry explaining sizes and listing gem types by base value
    Updated 11/4: Completed. Made minor changes to some of the base value gems for increased diversity.
    Updated 11/16: Revised 1.1 Corrected value of "Amethyst, Tiny" to 50 gp from 500 gp.

NOTE: Thanks to Talyn, their is now (7/17/19) a version of this module that can be used with any CoreRPG child ruleset. He has also made a few other changes. For the module and the details of what has been changed, see https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post444973

NOTE: Thanks to Theoldestnoob there is another update to this module. He has expanded upon Talyn's version even further. Checkout his post with the new module; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post567631

License: CC-BY-SA
    Last edited by LordEntrails; December 29th, 2020 at 03:07. Reason: update to 1.1

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Awesome work! Downloading now and thanks.

whiteTiki: Adventurers League Player
    Experience: 10 years; DM and Player
    Games: D&D, Pathfinder, World of Darkness

Blog Entries
    Thanks all.
    It is now done. If I have typos or such let me know. Also, if you run into any conflicts with other modules or extensions, let me know.
    Note, that this is done as a module, so you can use the library function to load and unload at will (i.e. whenever you need to add a gem to a parcel or other entry).

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Nice. There's something wrong with "Amethyst, Tiny", though. The value is way too high. Tiny shouldn't be more valuable than Small. Maybe you have an extra 0 in there?

Blog Entries
    Impossible! I'm infallible...

Err, well, guess not. Typo. Thanks

Fixed, version 1.1 uploading now.

It just happened to be the first one I looked it.

thanks mate
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=33985&dateline=143143  1305

Slovakia (+1 GMT) after March 29 due to Summer time (+2 GMT)
    Blog Entries
    Why this beautifull extension/module isn't on Wiki web page my friend?

- https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/Extensions
    - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Modules

Thread Information