5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldev View Post
    Yeah, I have uploaded attachments before. Wouldn't upload anything this time. Shut down computer, did some other stuff and hey presto...It worked
    There's no db.xml file in that module. So I'm guessing you didn't check any of the data you want to export in the module export window: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...#Module_Export

FG remembers the top fields from the last time you exported, but it doesn't remember the data types - you need to select these each time you export.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi all. Fresh eyes. Spent some time today tidying and tinkering.
    I can detect this MOD and have tested it. So far so good. I don't know how to add instructions to it
    There are 2 main tables Gems and Jewelry. They both have built in sub tables that work out gem values, types and variance.
    If you click the GEM table it will (should ) roll value,gem type and variance
    The JEWELRY table should roll value. type of jewelry(ring etc.),gem encrustment variance and cascading variance.

There are also other tables determining Treasure from maps etc (See screen shot) from the first edition DMG
    Mod file attached also to be checked out..
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 29th, 2019 at 00:47. Reason: Temporarily removed module

Blog Entries
    To add instructions, you can either add a story entry (my preference) or a ref manual page (Talyn's preference). Adding the Ref Page though requires you to use a community tool or code it in the xml itself.

Also, I suggest you go ahead and start your own thread for your module. If it works in all/most CoreRPG rulesets, then make it in that forum, otherwise make it in the ruleset sub-forum. And then you can ask a mod to stocky it in the appropriate community resource thread so others can find it easily

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    I'm assuming the old-school FG back in the day let you create a Library page? I've never seen that functionality since I've been using it but most of the older DLC did that by default. That's also an easy way to have documentation that doesn't litter the Story window, but I'm thinking that might be XML-only at this point? (It's much easier XML than a refpage but still...)

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    I'm assuming the old-school FG back in the day let you create a Library page? I've never seen that functionality since I've been using it but most of the older DLC did that by default. That's also an easy way to have documentation that doesn't litter the Story window, but I'm thinking that might be XML-only at this point? (It's much easier XML than a refpage but still...)
    Not sure about FG ever letting you create a library page through the FG interface. Other than I think a Savage Worlds extension Ikael made a while back.

The library window is auto populated with links to the data types exported from FG - the links will open a data list window with just the data from the module populated - the data will also be visible in the sidebar data lists as well.. So it's easy to add one Story entry to your module that describes how to use it, export to a module (include selecting the story data) and you'll see a link to "story" in the library. You could leave it like that, or go into the export XML and do a simple change to the <name> of the entry in the <library> section to be something other than Story - Instructions maybe.
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 19th, 2019 at 17:37.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Okay, I'll give it a crack

A reminder to the whole community about what is acceptable to share, and what is not.

As LordEntrails mentions in his comment quoted below, names for standard everyday things can't be copyright protected. Neither can game mechanics (numbers, rolling dice mechanics, etc.). However, beyond that - descriptive text, graphics, etc. is copyright protected and should *not* be included in anything posted on these forums without the permission of the copyright holder, unless it is covered by a license that allows you to do so (OGL, Community Commons, etc.).

We take this kind of thing very seriously on these forums and uphold the copyright protection of publisher intellectual property (IP).

We understand that people just want to share their creations with the community, but please be aware of the material you are sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Yes, you can make those things into modules. Jewelry and metal etc can't be copyrighted (i.e. like with gemstones). You can create those and out those in a FG module and distribute them. See the link in my signature on some best practices for creating such a module.

Thank you for this!

I have updated Talyn's Universal version of this module to include tables. There is a table for each of the 57 values of gemstone present in the module (e.g. all 100 gp gems, all 5000 gp gems, etc), and 14 tables containing gemstones in a range of values (5-25, 40-75, 100-150, 200-250, 375-500, 750-1500, 2k-3k, 4k-6k, 7.6k-15k, 16k-30k, 50k-75k, 80k-150k, 200k-900k, 1M+).

I have not tested it extensively in every ruleset I have access to, but I tried it in a few and didn't encounter any problems.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by theoldestnoob View Post
    I have updated Talyn's Universal version of this module to include tables. There is a table for each of the 57 values of gemstone present in the module (e.g. all 100 gp gems, all 5000 gp gems, etc), and 14 tables containing gemstones in a range of values (5-25, 40-75, 100-150, 200-250, 375-500, 750-1500, 2k-3k, 4k-6k, 7.6k-15k, 16k-30k, 50k-75k, 80k-150k, 200k-900k, 1M+).

I have not tested it extensively in every ruleset I have access to, but I tried it in a few and didn't encounter any problems.
    Awesome, thanks for sharing! I'll update the OP to add a link to your post.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information