STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

CORE Campaign Organization...

Based on the response to cmdisc's upcoming Tide of Twilight game, there's obviously room for a lot more PFS gaming happening out there. He and I have been talking about running a series of CORE games in the very near future and this is likely to kick off next week. Obviously everyone would like to play in every scenario but that isn't always an option. Timing and table size being the big restrictions. As a result I'm proposing running back to back tables once a month to allow for more people to play an individual scenario in addition to running weekly single table games. We can stagger the times or run them simultaneously depending on interest. Currently we are looking at Friday afternoons (eastern time.. evening in europe) and there seems to be a healthy amount of interest. I can also work Sunday evenings or Monday mornings (eastern time) as alternates.

What I'm looking for in this thread is a take on the interest level folks have in this plan and comments on the timing. We (as GMs) obviously have to work with the times we have available... which isn't all that flexible. Realize that we are talking CORE Campaign here.. so only the CORE Rulebook, Web Trait Enhancement, and Guide to Organized Play can be used for character building. You can call it 'hard mode' if you like.. but it makes for a simpler style of play. Characters CAN switch to the Standard PFS Campaign later on but they cannot switch back, once in the Standard Campaign you are there for good.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

I would be very interested in joining in on some of those sessions starting later in November (I will be traveling next couple of weeks). Haven't tried CORE, but willing to try anything, I am sure it will be just as fun! Would be great to have some regular sessions for STANDARD as well, would like to keep my guys that I have on the go leveling. Thank you for offering up your time to GM, I hope there is a great response.

JWMK

I would definitely be interested in playing in these session. Friday afternoons work well for me as long as it's 3pm or later. I could also do a Sunday game depending on the start time. I would prefer a Sunday game to end around 11pm Eastern Time. CORE rules are no problem; I like the simplicity sometimes.

Thanks Blackfoot and cmdisc for being willing to give your time organizing this.
    Sean H on Teamspeak & FG Con

YES, CORE Interest at last. I was on a very small band wagon for the Core Games. Glad to see this will get some interest. If you need a third GM, I'll be happy to pick this one up as well.

Might run: First Steps, Confirmation, and Wounded Wisp in order for the new guys.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarner1986 View Post
    YES, CORE Interest at last. I was on a very small band wagon for the Core Games. Glad to see this will get some interest. If you need a third GM, I'll be happy to pick this one up as well.

Might run: First Steps, Confirmation, and Wounded Wisp in order for the new guys.
    We'll probably take you up on that kwarner1986. We'll loop you into the emails regarding planning.
    We are going to start out with some starter stuff but we are going to leave that behind as we level up our characters.. moving into higher tier games as we go... That said.. I'd like to offer be able to continue to offer some lower tier games intermittently even once we are running 7-11 games...

I can get First Steps up and ready pretty quickly. I will have to invest some funds into buying the other two modules.

I'm more interested in participating in an all out campaign over multiple sessions. If that's part of what's being discussed here, I'm down with that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainpolice View Post
    I'm more interested in participating in an all out campaign over multiple sessions. If that's part of what's being discussed here, I'm down with that.
    Not really no. This is PFC.. basically PFS but CORE only. Still one shot scenarios... but we are looking at running all or most of Season 3.

I'm down for running/playing Core as it fits into my schedule. I'm also happy to share any scenarios I have prepped including Confirmation/Wounded Wisp (after appropriate proof per the Paizo agreement).
    Server License: Ultimate. Anyone can play for free.
    Server Address: Cold Thief Bold Luck

I've been keeping a watch on the PFS forum for a few months, hoping for evening North American Eastern Time games (9pm ET/6pm PT), but I haven't seen any get scheduled... If there were CORE games in this time slot, I would be playing in everyone I'm free for!

Thread Information