DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Our adventurers find an old map...

What adventures await?

I'm playing around with GIMP, recreating some old-school maps. Enjoy!

Here's the DM map. All done in GIMP. I've been experimenting/learning CC3 and GIMP, but find GIMP easier to control. The ready made styles are really nice in CC3 though, so I may try again with that.

I figure someone could use these in their campaign, so might as well share.

Attachment 12453

Blog Entries
    Thank you for sharing zprime2020

Nicely done thou it seems like youre switching views around which is not a bad thing but i wonder if you want to be consistent with the design by just choosing the birds eye view or more like an Strategy Game View approach. Just being curious because this is giving myself a headache to when i create maps and design stuff. I always happen to mix these 2 styles up.

Thanks Moepsii.

As for the view switching, you'll have to open a copy of the 'Keep on the Borderlands' adventure to crack that mystery! It's just an updated version of the original old-school D&D map, converted for practice. Right now I've got a decent working version of the Keep map, and I'm working on the Caves of Chaos in Campaign Cartographer 3+...I think I'll go back to GIMP.

Ah iam rather new to this whole thing so i dont know much about that. Imho it is very much worth it to learn the process in GIMP/Photoshop whatever other program that is aviable to you, so Iam interested to see more of your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by zprime2020 View Post
    I'm working on the Caves of Chaos in Campaign Cartographer 3+...
    If you haven't done so already, check out Joe Sweeney's excellent video tutorials on youtube. The dungeon map tutorial is here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...FD4E50759762F1
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information