Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. #1

    Spacemaster variant available????

    Greetings all:

    I am not sure if this question has been posed before (I know this is the Rolemaster Classic forum, but it seemed the appropriate place), but has anyone worked on a functional Spacemaster combat variant for use with Fantasy Grounds?

    Our group has elected to try our hands at Spacemaster, after many years, and it would be useful (as we already have automated combat capability with RMFRP/RMSS with melee/missile weapons) to accommodate space-age weapons from the Spacemaster system.

    Has anyone been able to locate anything similar to this?

    Any assistance and/or information to this end would be appreciated.

    Thanks!

    Mijimoe
    Thanks!

    mijimoe

  2. #2
    GunnarGreybeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Crossville, TN [GMT-6/-5]
    Posts
    1,368
    Blog Entries
    4
    Not that I am aware of but I could be wrong. I'd personally like to see the Outlaw genre book converted to FG.
    Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: CDT/GMT-5]
    (Current Local Time)
    Currently Running: [D&D 5e - Fantasy - Gritty Realism] Reclaiming Hargeth . . . Discord Channel link
    Currently Recruiting for: HârnMaster 3 - Ruleset Playtest (built on MoreCore)


  3. #3
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, USA (for a bit)
    Posts
    24,171
    Waiting for the RoleMaster expert, Dakadin, to chime in. He ran a SpaceMaster game at the very first FG Con: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...on-of-Barrayar
    FG Con 15 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Nov. 8-10, 2019
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  4. #4
    It is definitely possible. I did run a SpaceMaster game at FG Con 1 to show what was possible in the RMC ruleset. I only did a small subset of the tables since they were all I needed for the game.

    It takes a bit to get the attack and critical tables in but they will work in the current system. The one issue I had with them is the fumble ranges are tied to the attack tables in the RMC ruleset which works fine for Rolemaster but doesn't work for SpaceMaster since the weapons have different fumble ratings. This isn't a huge issue though but something that will need to be checked if a low roll happens. Most of the other changes were fairly minor from what I remember.

    Please let me know if you have any specific questions.

    Rolemaster Classic for FG Wish List - http://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    33

    Crowdfunding for Spacemaster added to RM Rulesets?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Waiting for the RoleMaster expert, Dakadin, to chime in. He ran a SpaceMaster game at the very first FG Con: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...on-of-Barrayar
    Would it be possible to pay someone to add the option of Spacemaster to the current RMC Rulesets or create another Ruleset entirely? I love Spacemaster but finding players can be problematic. Anybody know a ballpark figure for the cost or even if ICE would let this happen?
    Thanks,
    Andrew.

  6. #6
    Hi Carlmund,

    I would like to create a Spacemaster ruleset once I get the CoreRPG compatible version of the RMC ruleset completed. I was hoping to have the conversion to CoreRPG completed by now but I had a few things occur the last couple years that sidetracked my development. Lately I've been making good of the RMC ruleset again. I've been designing the CoreRPG version so that it will be easier to create related rulesets (Spacemaster 2, Spacemaster Privateers, RMFRP/RMSS, RMU and hopefully HARP) using the RMC ruleset as a base. This should speed up any derivatives once I get it completed. It would be premature to talk about it with ICE until I can show them a working demo.

    I tried the Spacemaster extension that I created and it doesn't work with the current version of the RMC ruleset or I would post it so you could try running a game in the meantime.

    Dakadin

    Rolemaster Classic for FG Wish List - http://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/

  7. #7
    GunnarGreybeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Crossville, TN [GMT-6/-5]
    Posts
    1,368
    Blog Entries
    4
    It would be awesome to have something like that as a foundation to work with as I'd love to see the Outlaw and Pirates stuff usable in FG as well.
    Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: CDT/GMT-5]
    (Current Local Time)
    Currently Running: [D&D 5e - Fantasy - Gritty Realism] Reclaiming Hargeth . . . Discord Channel link
    Currently Recruiting for: HârnMaster 3 - Ruleset Playtest (built on MoreCore)


  8. #8
    Alq Veers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    NSW, Australia
    Posts
    44
    Oooo, I am rather interested in this development. Nothing more than a player though.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Hi Carlmund,

    I would like to create a Spacemaster ruleset once I get the CoreRPG compatible version of the RMC ruleset completed. I was hoping to have the conversion to CoreRPG completed by now but I had a few things occur the last couple years that sidetracked my development. Lately I've been making good of the RMC ruleset again. I've been designing the CoreRPG version so that it will be easier to create related rulesets (Spacemaster 2, Spacemaster Privateers, RMFRP/RMSS, RMU and hopefully HARP) using the RMC ruleset as a base. This should speed up any derivatives once I get it completed. It would be premature to talk about it with ICE until I can show them a working demo.

    I tried the Spacemaster extension that I created and it doesn't work with the current version of the RMC ruleset or I would post it so you could try running a game in the meantime.

    Dakadin
    Hi Dakadin,
    Thanks so much for your reply. I believe you worked on the currently available RMC/FG Ruleset. Well done and thank you. I bought it a while back and use it often. As far as the CoreRPG Ruleset is concerned...welll... bloody hurry up Don't worry about other things in life, I work for the Anglican Church here in Australia. I'll arrange a food hamper and emergency accommodation for you and your family . Seriously though, thanks for the work and I'll wait with baited breath and wallet in hand for your CoreRPG.
    Andrew (Carlmund)

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by carlmund View Post
    Hi Dakadin,
    Thanks so much for your reply. I believe you worked on the currently available RMC/FG Ruleset. Well done and thank you. I bought it a while back and use it often. As far as the CoreRPG Ruleset is concerned...welll... bloody hurry up Don't worry about other things in life, I work for the Anglican Church here in Australia. I'll arrange a food hamper and emergency accommodation for you and your family . Seriously though, thanks for the work and I'll wait with baited breath and wallet in hand for your CoreRPG.
    Andrew (Carlmund)
    LOL. Hopefully I don't have to take you up on that offer.

    I've been working on the RMC ruleset since version 1.2. The original developers create a great base and I've mainly been trying to work on the things that slow the game down. Hopefully the new version continues that trend.

    Rolemaster Classic for FG Wish List - http://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in