DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Come and get a customization.

I updated the main character and skills sheets to fit the way I run my games. They are very general changes with lots of added value. 8)

I added a fourth class (removed the xp needed for next level to make room). I added the skills from the psionics rules (Autohypnosis, Psicraft and Use Psionic Device). I added an extra Perform line. I removed Read Lips since it went away in 3.5. I also changed the Knowledge skills to be like Craft, Perform and Profession (left six spots) each having its own state (x-class, class, half-rank). I also increased the lookup for ability bonuses to cover scores up to 50.

I'd like to share the charsheet.xml, charsheet_main.png and charsheet_skills.png.

Re: Come and get a customization.

Quote Originally Posted by spliskamatyshak
    403 when I try to hit the page - You are not authorized to view this page

Sorry about that. Silly MSN makes you be a member of the group to download files from it. :roll:

If you join my MSN Group https://groups.msn.com/TheWraithsHome you can download them from the Documents area.

Otherwise I can send them to you Hotmail account.

Can I PLEASE get a copy of this emailed to me?

I don't want to have to fight with MS to get a new passport, yodda, yodda, yodda.

elric @ otalisman.com

Thanks!

Send me one too

Send me a copy of the character sheets and I'll host it on my webspace. No silly memberships required to download.

[email protected]
    Sincerly,
    Colin A. Gross

I'm interested as well: [email protected]

Thanks a bunch!

-R

Can you explain how to use these, as I may have either discovered a bug or just be doing it wrong.

I've tried....

a) Creating a copy of the d20 folder (in rulesets) and calling it House, then replacing the charsheet.xml, charsheet_main.png and charsheet_skills.png. Then going to create a character picked the House ruleset that appeared, but when I went to create the character the graphics were the standard ones.

b) I've tried replacing the files in the original d20 folder in rulesets and that just caused the program to crash when ever I tried to enter the character editor section. But this could have been because I created a copy and renamed it and I had an existing characters folder. Anyway it required a uninstall then reinstall to solve it.

So I don't understand how this is ment to work. The character sheet graphics seem build into the program and it doesn't seem to make any difference if I replace the ones in the folders or not. It certainly doesn't seem as straight forward as I imagined.

Note: I'm running under XP Home Direct X 9.0c and FG 1.02

EDIT: Ah I think I might have figured part of the problem, spliskamatyshak hadn't included a new base.xml sheet (see the first part of the modification tutorial sticky thread). So all the links would probably point to the old d20 ruleset folder.

ok, I'im still doing something wrong.. I've edited the base.xml file to incude the charsheet.xml in my houserules folder, but I still can't get it to use the custom images. I've even tried backing up and overwriting the saved versions in the d20 folder, to no avail. It is still loading the original charsheet_main.png and charsheet_skills.png from somewhere.

I cant figure out what file to edit to point to the custom images in my houserules. Help please!

Helio

I cannot right now check this out myself (I'm accessing this forum with a lynx browser !), but just a quick question: are you editing the d20 ruleset directly or have you copied it to another folder? Changes that you do to the d20 ruleset folder don't generally propagate to the ruleset as it uses the resouce pack, not the files in the d20 folder. If you copy the folder to eg rulesets\d20_modified, then the changes should take place normally if you choose to use the new ruleset.

Thread Information