DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

New DM to FG. Looking to run a start up campaign for The Lost Mines of Phandelver

Hello, I am fairly new to FG. I have watched some tutorials on how to set it up, and get it situated. I have done that, and i have also am a GM for the paper version. I was looking to start up a starter group for the Lost Mines of Phandelver. I have an Ultimate License. If you would be interested PM me, or post here about your character.

Looking to possibly play Wednesdays at starting at 7PM EST, and possibly sometimes on Fridays Starting at 7PM EST.

This is the calendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=1651

We are currently full on our "first" group. So I have created another calendar for a second group: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=1658 : Feel free to apply on the new calendar, or PM with any questions.
    This new session Will Hopefully be played on Sundays at 12pm EST.
    Last edited by weadyen; October 19th, 2015 at 00:53.

Blog Entries
    Hey weadyen! Welcome.

Check that you have set YOUR timezone correctly and suggest a date/time - it will help you shorten the recruitment process.
    LMoP is a good adventure - you will pick up players quickly Im sure.

Thank you for the welcome, will do.

Aw man, didn't realize game calendar doesn't have "Arizona" time where we don't do daylight savings. Game calendar said 4PM my time, but it's actually 3PM. Can't make it sorry. I removed myself from the game register on the calendar.

No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Colfen View Post
    Aw man, didn't realize game calendar doesn't have "Arizona" time where we don't do daylight savings.
    You set this in your profile. Click the "Profile" link in the top right of this page, then select "General Settings" from the left sidebar. Scroll down to "Date & Time Options" and select "(GMT-7:00) Mountain Time (US & Canada)" and change "DST Correction Option" to "DST corrections always off". Then any time you view in the game calendar (assuming the GM has their time zone set correctly) will be adjusted to Mountain Standard with no DST, what you need in Arizona.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Trenloe. Didn't even notice that option.

Doesn't seem to work correctly though. 6PM EST is 3PM Arizona. With daylight correction off, it's telling me 4PM. With it on, it's telling me 5PM. Neither of which is right.

Is the game on the calendar set for 6PM EST weadyen?

Yes it is set for 6PM EST

Quote Originally Posted by Colfen View Post
    Doesn't seem to work correctly though. 6PM EST is 3PM Arizona. With daylight correction off, it's telling me 4PM. With it on, it's telling me 5PM. Neither of which is right.
    The calendar entry is set for 6PM EST (Eastern Standard Time) - i.e. not Eastern Daylight Time. Thus, it showing 4pm for you in Arizona is correct. It sounds like weadyen's date and time options are probably set to EST with no adjustment for daylight savings.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That is correct. My date and time options are set to EST.

Thread Information