DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Now I'm not an expert by any means but it seems that you are on a wireless connection? If so you'll have to set up port forwarding in your router as well as your firewall and probably also in your AV software rules. From the screen shots the first two are setting up port forwarding only for the bit between your computer and the router. But I could be completely wrong.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Now I'm not an expert by any means but it seems that you are on a wireless connection? If so you'll have to set up port forwarding in your router as well as your firewall and probably also in your AV software rules. From the screen shots the first two are setting up port forwarding only for the bit between your computer and the router. But I could be completely wrong.
    I don't have a software firewall other tan Windows FW and it's setup to allow Fantasy grounds through it. The other part of the connection, the router-wan part is a bit more nebulous to me. I have an ONT fiber bridge sitting in front of the router, and have the router configured with 2 VLANs in the WAN port because I also have a DTV receptor for cable TV (provided by the same ISP).
    So basically my config is wifi---Router---ONT<-->World
    The thing is that I haven't touched a single config parameter neither in the router nor in the computer and I've been hosting games using FG alias until some point last week, and I find that strange. It's not a huge problem because we've come with an alternative solution, it's just a heads up

P.S. Sorry for my bad english

Firstly your English is better than mine and it's supposed to be my native language.

As I said I'm not an expert and you've completely lost me with all that stuff you have. What I do know though is that I, too, am on a wireless connection and so in order to get to the outside world I had to set up rules for my Firewall (through my AV software) and I also had to set up port forwarding in my router. I also set up my router to allocate the same internal IP address for my gaming computer and to send data from FG to that Internal IP. What I found was that whenever my router was reset for any reason my internal IP also changed and I had to keep going into the router to change where it was sending FG data too. Until the inestimable Trenloe pointed out that I could force the router to always give this machine the same internal IP.

Hopefully this makes some kind of sense, and apologies for my poor English
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information