Starfinder Playlist

Help Adding Duel of Wits Tab to 5e Character Sheet

Hi All,

I love D&D 5e and I love the Duel of Wits stuff from Burning Wheel. You don't really need to know about either to help answer my question though.

I'd like to add another tab onto the 5e character sheet (like Main, Skills, Actions, etc.). I'd like to add a tab that says "Duel of Wits" or "DoW." From there, I'll create a couple of things on that part of the sheet that will be convenient for players to have with my house ruled stuff.

I've unpacked the 5e pak file and there are a lot of XML files.

Can anyone point me to the file or files that contains the character sheet info and tabs? I may be able to figure the rest out from there by copying off of the other tabs. But locating it has been a bit needle-haystackish.

Thanks in advance!

Firstly, this thread might help with some pointers: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-PFRPG-ruleset It's for the 3.5E ruleset, but a lot of this applies to the 5E ruleset (files locations, editing, etc.).

campaign\record_char.xml in the 5E ruleset defines the main format of the character sheet. What appears at the top of each sheet (the controls in <sheetdata> before <sub_charsheet name="main"> and then the various sub-windows/tabs that will be used - defined in <sub_charsheet> entries and the <tabs_charsheet> section - you'll need something in both for your new tab. The <sub_charsheet> entry lists the <windowclass> that will be used to build the sub-window to display the data on the tab - this windowclass will have all of your controls for the new tab.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Welcome PastorDontPlay - interesting name!
    You might also look at the MoreCore extension - it does something similar and has quite a bit of commenting in it which may help you over the initial hump... it will take you some time to work it out and implement what you want.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies. I am waaaaaay out of my area of expertise here. I've spent time reading and searching and about all I think I'll be able to figure out on my own is how to add an extra tab that says "Duel" on it for the character sheet...

I really want it to be minimalistic. On that tab I only want two things.

1) A box where the players can enter their starting Body of Argument number and adjust it manually. Basically a placeholder for them to track their "hp."

2) A list of the argument moves they can take. This is just inserting text and I have what I want written out already.

Yet as simple as that sounds, I don't know how to begin creating the record_char_duel.xml file. I think that's what I need to create anyway.

Any very basic ELI5 assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PastorDontPlay View Post
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies. I am waaaaaay out of my area of expertise here. I've spent time reading and searching and about all I think I'll be able to figure out on my own is how to add an extra tab that says "Duel" on it for the character sheet...

I really want it to be minimalistic. On that tab I only want two things.

1) A box where the players can enter their starting Body of Argument number and adjust it manually. Basically a placeholder for them to track their "hp."

2) A list of the argument moves they can take. This is just inserting text and I have what I want written out already.

Yet as simple as that sounds, I don't know how to begin creating the record_char_duel.xml file. I think that's what I need to create anyway.

Any very basic ELI5 assistance would be greatly appreciated!
    didja look at the MoreCore extension for CoreRPG?
    fantasy grounds rulesets are complicated little things.
    you usually have to edit at least 3 separate files to make a change so you have to learn how these files all link to each other....

Thread Information