5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Lubbock, TX (where it rains mudballs.... sideways.)
    Excellent maps! I know some of these will definitely find some use in my DnD campaign. These were made via CC3 I assume? They look great!

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    Nice house (and everything else!). Is the idea that the occupant is in the process of laying down the wood flooring?

Obligatory request for no-grid. I'm not sure what program you used to create these, and therefore don't know how difficult it would be to put out no-grid versions of these, but if it possible and relatively simple, would you please consider no-grid options?

Regarding the firewood symbols, where have you looked? Do any of these look useful?

Thanks!

The idea of the flooring is planks laid down over the dirt/stone so the occupant doesn't have to stand on stone all the time. Kind of like how we'd put a throwrug over hardwood.

The effect works a lot better when I use symbols instead of textures, so I re-did the floor.

Map is provided without a grid. I didn't do a scale square because it's a fairly small map, but the fire/ccoking pit is 5' x 10' for scale.

Thanks for the log textures. Unfortunately I'm no graphics artist so I couldn't make the colours really match but a bit of GIMP'ing and I think it's "good enough" for now.

No Grid
    Attachment 11578

Grid
    Attachment 11579

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris4024 View Post
    Excellent maps! I know some of these will definitely find some use in my DnD campaign. These were made via CC3 I assume? They look great!
    Thanks. Yup, made with DD3 using mainly Jon Robert's style with some symbols from the stock DD3, Symbol Set 2, and a few imported ones.
    Last edited by kalnaren; November 1st, 2015 at 19:25.

Quote Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
    Thanks for the log textures. Unfortunately I'm no graphics artist so I couldn't make the colours really match but a bit of GIMP'ing and I think it's "good enough" for now...
    I think I got them off of this zip file put together by a guy on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comment...gb_archive_of/

The second one inspired by Skellige. Quite a different layout in this one, a little more spartan.

No grid
    Attachment 11582

Grid
    Attachment 11583

Well if you don't mind I might add one of my maps to this collection. I was preparing our next session of Hook Mountain Massacre and noticed there was no appropriate battlemap for area "C6 Ogre Demolition Crew" of Skull's Crossing where they encounter a bunch of Ogres. I whipped up a map of that part of the Dam in CC3 and figured I could share it for anyone to use. It is a very simple map usable for any dam or large bridge area even if not playing Hook Mountain Massacre but the main intent was to improve that combat encounter. I scaled it 50 pixels per 5 feet.

Attachment 13481No Grid

Attachment 13482Grid
    Last edited by Chorpa; March 21st, 2016 at 08:58. Reason: Updated the Maps

Thanks for the additional maps!

Three more maps.

Used the new CC3 symbol set by Mike Schley. Not sure how I like it. Had to change some of the lighting effects. I'm working on doing these maps in Jon Robert's style as well, in case you don't like this style.

The maps are for "The Battle of Emridy Meadows" that appeared in Dungeon Magazine #221.

These maps I actually exported to scale, 5' = 100px.

Farmhouse

Attachment 13389

Farmhouse upper floor

Attachment 13390

Raider's Warren

Attachment 13391
    Last edited by kalnaren; March 14th, 2016 at 00:17.

Nogrid versions.

As always any feedback is appreciated. Particularly I wouldn't mind your thoughts on this style. Haven't decided if I want to bother mapping in it or not.

I've always loved the art style in the D&D 3E maps but I've never been able to duplicate it. For FG I'm finding I almost like a more "realistic" style.
    Last edited by kalnaren; March 14th, 2016 at 00:29.

Thanks for the maps!

I there a reason why the one altar is not centered on its background image?

I tend to like the more realistic style as well, but what other style have you been considering?

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post

I there a reason why the one altar is not centered on its background image?
    Artistic choice on my behalf. No other reason.

I tend to like the more realistic style as well, but what other style have you been considering?
    Well, this style specifically, which is a little more cartoony/hand-drawn. When I have the other version of these maps down (shortly, exporting them now) you'll see the difference.

Thread Information