Starfinder Playlist

LFG 1 Player LF Weekend/Weeknight Game EST US Time Zone prefer 4E - can try others

FG License: Free (upgrading in the future.)
    Time Zone: EST
    Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: This is where I am having some trouble. I am not sure. Sundays are usually open for me, except that I am the cook of the house. During the week, I am only available for roughly 2 hours (between 8pm and 10pm. I have an ongoing game with some friends every other Saturday (this upcoming Saturday, October 5th, is one of those days.)
    Term: I am looking for the experience of taking a character through to max level. After that, I would like to do it with a different character... Long term.
    Voice: I have skype and teamspeak. I am not really willing to install other clients.

Game System Preferred: I prefer D&D 4E
    Game System Experience: I have the most experience with D&D 4E. I have played D&D 5E and would be willing to play it. I am willing to try pathfinder.
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: I am new to FG.

Character Type Preferred: I was playing a Ranger in my Saturday games, but I found him to be boring. So we are bringing in a Rogue that I have played before and really enjoyed. I am willing to try anything.

About me:

I love stories. I tend to overthink puzzles but I love them too. Combat is a necessary part of the game and creative, challenging, combat is more than welcome. 30/30/40 is what I strive for.

I think a friendly and sociable table is necessary, but get bored quickly with out of character shenanigans. For instance, my Saturday games could fit 2 or even 3 encounters in each night, if they would just cut out the real life story-telling. Instead, the story is moving along at a snails pace because we have to hold for them.

I am currently DMing a Play by Post game in 4E. Because it is play by post, I can work on it whenever and it doesn't stop me from being available. I had started playing a game in 5E, and it was a story that I liked a lot, but I had some issues with the fact that there are no saving throws to end conditions and healing was really difficult. My barbarian was brought down to 1 hit point in the first encounter and incapacitated for something like 3 rounds... for which I could not do anything to stop because I failed the roll to keep myself standing. I would be willing to give 5E another shot, but I don't understand how not being in control, or having no chance to break out of a condition, is fun.

Blog Entries
    Welcome Jerioke - do make sure you come and check out https://www.fg-con.com/events - lots of sessions in all time slots and new players are very welcome.

We dont have any 4e sessions but lots of Pathfinder and 5e (perhaps your experience will be better next time around) and some really cool Savage Worlds and Cthulhu games and so much more.

All games are free to play, most require no experience (the pathfinder ones probably do require some experience and the higher level ones certainly do) - you just need a free/demo (or better) version of fantasy grounds, teamspeak 3 client and a headset and mike.

Let me know if you have ANY questions.

Thread Information