DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Odd dice problem with latest dev build

Hi all;

I use Savage Worlds as my game system, have the ultimate license and updated today (my patchnotes oddly enough are from 3.12 but my update.txt document shows Updater v3.0.13).

Here's my problem;

before the update you could double click on any dice your character or an NPC had and it would roll the dice. Now you have to grab the dice with your mouse and either drop them on the rolling area or on the dice tower. Also every time I try to 'roll' a stat roll for a wild card NPC (or a player tries on their character) we get another error and no wild die.

Am I missing something - like a setting or something?

Thanks!

I've sent a quick note to the SW developers to see if they can help figure this out. I'm not very familiar with SW, but I develop all the D&D rulesets. Between us, we should be able to help you out.

Thanks for reporting,
    JPG

I had a go at recreating, but cannot make it happen.

Two things would add more info - firstly could you output the result of "/version" when you type it into the chat box ? - secondly, could you type "/console" and then recreate the problem; what is the error text that appears in the console ?

Thanks,
    Ben
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Savage Worlds Delux version 4.2.0 (Build 4)
    SW NPC Maker Version 0.9 (Build 4)
    Fantasy Companion Extension Version 1.0 (Build 1)
    SW Enhanced Desktop version 1.4 (Build 5)
    SW Enhanced Effects Version 0.9 (Build 4)
    SW Enhanced Library version 1.4 (Build 6)

from the console;
    Script Error: [string "common/scripts/template_traitdie.lua"]:224: attempt to call field 'hasWildDie' (a nil value)

I'll dump the extensions and see if it fixes things, they may be out of date.

its the SW Enhanced Library....dang

Thanks for the help guys!

Blog Entries
    The SW Enhanced Desktop version 1.4 (Build 5) & SW Enhanced Effects Version 0.9 (Build 4) are now redundant. Their content rolled into the current SW version.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Yeah, I gave Aki pretty free reign to integrate much of his awesome extension work into the main ruleset; There were WAY too many weird bugs that come out of having "official products" update via the FG updater, but fan-made extensions requiring manual maintenance.

If in doubt, disable / upgrade extensions. And, as MoW says, many of them are now redundant with the later versions of SW
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgain View Post
    Savage Worlds Delux version 4.2.0 (Build 4)
    SW NPC Maker Version 0.9 (Build 4)
    Fantasy Companion Extension Version 1.0 (Build 1)
    SW Enhanced Desktop version 1.4 (Build 5)
    SW Enhanced Effects Version 0.9 (Build 4)
    SW Enhanced Library version 1.4 (Build 6)

from the console;
    Script Error: [string "common/scripts/template_traitdie.lua"]:224: attempt to call field 'hasWildDie' (a nil value)

I'll dump the extensions and see if it fixes things, they may be out of date.
    The one causing issues is the most likely SW Enhanced Effects-- and you should be be using this extension anymore because it's part of the core SW ruleset. Enhanced Library does not affect that part of the code base so I would not be blaming it. Like others said you have to manually make sure you have latest community extensions after SW ruleset updates, and you should be using only Enhanced Library and NPC Maker from community ones. Also please make sure you are using latest versions
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

thanks folks - I haven't been keeping up on my extensions.

Thread Information