STAR TREK 2d20
Page 7 of 18 First ... 5678917 ... Last
    Nice pics. Hope it looks as good or better when merged with the Fantasy Ground Rulesets.

So, is Smite Works considering selling pre-made location maps in the SW Store for this? I watched the video for making that tavern. Ain't nobody got time for that!
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

We are just ramping up, so we are not ready to talk about product plans yet.

Once we get the Kickstarter folks squared away and get some time to evaluate our technologies in both directions, we'll be able to provide more direction on where we're going with our products.

As Doug mentioned previously, our goal is to get the Unity rewrite done, and Carl will be helping us get there. Carl will also give us to opportunity to set the framework up for bigger and better things from there.

Cheers,
    JPG

Good news, I hope

I have concerns on this. I've got the Full GM license for FG already, and the wife has the standard GM license.
    We both backed TC. I know you are working through on how this will be worked out. Please keep those of use who will be affected by this in the loop.

This all looks pretty sweet, the video on map creation kinda reminds me of making a house in the Sims.... Once you guys get the details nailed down and your plan moving forward you should do a blog post or something to roadmap it for us. I think I saw above somewhere your going to start a kickstarter for the new FG? Any ideas on what the donor levels might be at this stage?

The "roadmap" has been announced several times: "the Unity version will take another year to make - at least". And the kickstarter will, at the earliest, take place next summer, so don't expect any concrete details until that point. This was reaffirmed by the owner of Smiteworks in the recent interview on Twitch.

Patience my young padawan.

Vires Animi

Fantastic news, I heard an interview with the Tabletop Connect developer on GMS podcast (i think that was the podcast), came across as a real solid guy with a great approach. His description for modern FPS affirmed that he doesn't settle for mediocrity.

This is great, i was thinking of backing TC but since i already had FG i didn't want to have both just to let one sit unused. hopefully there can be a good mashup of the two programs without too much pain on the GM's side for learning how to deal with the 3D mapping.
    ~licktoren

Did you turn it off and on again?

Well, here I am late to the table, but I just want to add my sincerest congratulations to the SmiteWorks guys. It takes a lot of work to make a small software company viable, and to succeed in the RPG business in general -- you deserve all the success you achieve! Unfortunately, I'm far out of the gaming scene right now, but I love knowing that great things are brewing for when I get back some day. Thanks for all your hard work!
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Excellent news! I've been lurking for a while, but let me tell you, FG has grown leaps and bounds from when I first developed with it. Awesome things are ahead!
    Ultimate Licence holder

I've had FG for so LONG I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT!

But I'm learning!

Thread Information