STAR TREK 2d20
Page 16 of 18 First ... 61415161718 Last
    Checking in on the 3d part of Tabletop Connect / Fantasy grounds as its been 1.5 years since the acquisition. Glad to hear Carl is it pounding away at it as a backer of Tabletop connect, it was a fun and easy VTT to use and was eye candy while playing. Heck Carl even had wind effects for the trees outside the inn!!!

Keep at it Carl, I'll wait until you got it ready

As a TableTop Connect backer and MacOS user I can't wait for a FG native app for OS X. Wineskin helps, of course, but my fan is working all time and it is too power demanding... It is a matter of keeping the faith but we can see how is passing every month... I hope we will have good news "soon"...

BTW, here you got a volunteer to test alpha/beta FG Unity macOS app...

Besides the great looking 3D map, towns, etc a person could build with Tabletop Connect, the one thing I'm beginning to realize I miss is the dynamic lighting/fog of was Carl had integrated. Truly a head of the times 2 years ago that no VVT has embraced or installed so elegantly. Fog of war was the reason I came back to FG to see how it handles it now and besides blocking off the map our add fog you then have to take out, doesn't have it like Carl had it with tabletop.

Blog Entries
    We will probably look to put together some new highlight videos before too long. Carl has finally gotten to the point to where he is past most of the boring stuff and is now working on some of the map and image features. There is still plenty of boring stuff to go, but the latest team meetings were full of new stuff for Fantasy Grounds.

Awesome!!! Thanks for the reply. I'm debating FG right now as our group is fortunate enough to play face to face but I recently added a flat screen tv to the table for digital map as I was spending a bit of gold on maps. With FG I could use the maps from the official product and was looking at the aforementioned fog of war as the players could see the entire map as the tv would only be showing the dm view...or i could be showing the player view on the tv and dm view on the lap top and unmask as we went.

Just last week, my FG gaming group said that the pittance we paid for FG has been the best money we've ever spent for gaming. Keep up the great work, guys and gals!

Just tried the ultimate monthly subscription to try it out...looks like I'l be using it for the maps /masking into the flat screen on the table. Thanks Doug and team, now wheres that wish spell to help Carl knock out the 3d in record time

Quote Originally Posted by Valacar View Post
    ... I'l be using it for the maps /masking into the flat screen on the table.
    I use Fantasy Grounds on a flat screen all the time. Look at this extension to help you get your maps on the flat screen just the right size for minis: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-To-Face-games
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Trenloe, checking out the link now! Do you also by chance have any videos of it in use on youtube or anything else?
    Last edited by Valacar; April 16th, 2017 at 17:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Valacar View Post
    Thanks Trenloe, checking out the link now! Do you also by chance have any videos of it in use on youtube or anything else?
    I don't have any videos - don't know if anyone else has. As most videos of FG are taken using the computer (i.e. not using a video camera) I think it would be rare to get a video of using this. There are some pictures I've taken in post #2 of the thread which should give you an idea of what it does - it's pretty simple really.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information