STAR TREK 2d20
Page 10 of 18 First ... 89101112 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, jshauber! I will always prefer old school roll the dice D&D over any MMO but I got to admit, being able to see your avatar in 3D is just too cool and hope FG will include that.
    See through the skies, far beyond our world tonight,
    Hear the sounds of freedom ring, in a silent dream,
    and a million miles away.
    Reach for the stars, and live our lives forever free,
    In our hearts for a thousand years, and a thousand lifetimes before.

And the dawn of a new day will rise, a light for us all. -Dragonforce

Greatly am impressed by Tabletop Connect and the videos that Gherrion Lonestrider posted. I am exactly approaching the Carnath Roadhouse in my campaign with my players. Very nice!. My question is as a Licence member of Fantasy Grounds what must I do to be able to use Tabletop Connect or how long is the wait for these new goodies..... ?

Another thing that would be cool is adding the same effects such as lighting from torches and visions to a 2D configuration..... wow that would be cool! Yes... I know I sound like a kid but man i love my passion. Making my players go ''ouuuuu ---ahhh wow'' is something all DM's love

Thanks
    Patou
    Last edited by Patou; November 23rd, 2015 at 19:21.

I can tell you as have been using and mapping with Tabletop, it will provide lighting effects and so many other things that I love about 3d map making. I cant wait till its fully integrated and loaded with tons of new options. I forecast: There will have to be a forum just for map sharing alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tivaan01 View Post
    I can tell you as have been using and mapping with Tabletop, it will provide lighting effects and so many other things that I love about 3d map making. I cant wait till its fully integrated and loaded with tons of new options. I forecast: There will have to be a forum just for map sharing alone.
    Like this one?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ay.php?90-Maps

Blog Entries
    I spent some time playing with the 3D map building functionality in TTC yesterday and I agree. Carl and I discussed some details of the implementation to cater to both DM's who want to do something very quickly and to those other master builders who want to build very advanced things with it.

I'll just be happy if SW/people have pre-made map of quality available in the FG Store. From the looks, those things take time and I'm not opposed to buying a good map for what I need.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    I want to share some news about the growth of SmiteWorks. We have acquired all the intellectual property from Tabletop Connect...
    This is fantastic! Keep it up, I am extremely excited for the next generation of Fantasy Grounds! Is there any word on when you are planning on starting to beta the Unity rebuild yet?

Thanks for all your work, to the whole Smiteworks team!
    -PopinFRESH

EDIT: I really hope his expertise allows for "3D" top-down 2D w/ parallax maps & creation tools. I'd love to have & create maps that have a traditional top-down perspective that has depth and feels like you are moving miniatures around a well crafted table top set.

Somewhat like this image: i41.tinypic.com/mi13sx.png
    Last edited by PopinFRESH; December 30th, 2015 at 17:14.

I am amazingly happy about this. When my group moved to playing online because of members moving we looked at both tabletop connect and fantasy grounds. I have always loved fantasy grounds but my biggest complaint with FG is the fact that you cannot make a character sheet that didn't look like crap without tons of work. We wanted to use tabletop connect but it was just not ready for prime time yet. So we ended up falling back to fantasy ground but have yet to use it because of problems with making a ruleset. The update couldn't come any quicker for me and my group and if you want any testers my and my rpg group happly volunteer.
    "Screaming Hardcore Till We Die" - Mc Rage

Thread Information