STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Updated Complete Paizo Spells Module (2036 spells)

I've finally got around to updating the Complete Paizo Spells module based off the PFSRD spells database. I remember why I dislike updating this module as there are so many <tag> errors in the descriptive field that break the FG XML and have to be manually fixed.

Anyway, finally, here is an update module. This covers PFSRD info on Paizo spells up to Adventure Path 95, recent Player Companions and Campaign Setting books. It does not cover Occult Adventures as this hasn't been released to the PRD yet. This module contains 2036 spells!

I've used the same naming convention so, as long as the spell database hasn't renamed spells, you should just be able to replace the old module with this one.

I'm sure there'll be the odd formatting issue in the description field. Please let me know of any issues below.

FG Unity compatible version available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post496705 Thanks Lichtblitz!

Versions

Sept 30th, 2015 Minor update for table format in detect magic and detect evil.
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 16th, 2020 at 12:56.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Small issue, the 'Aura Strength' table in 'Detect Magic' is missing an empty column in the second row... this shifts all the other columns in that row left 1 so they don't line up properly. The rest of these tables look MUCH better than in the previous version .. kudos.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Thanks BF. I've updated (and bolded the headers) to look like the PRD entry. There was a similar issue with detect evil too, updated that also.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Is there the equivalent for the Monsters & NPCs?

Quote Originally Posted by gamerhawaii View Post
    Is there the equivalent for the Monsters & NPCs?
    Not every single one released by Paizo, but quite a lot are here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post120185

The Pathfinder creature parser will help you get others from PDF to FG module: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...2-Beta-Version

I slightly updated my list, it doesn't use any formatted text, but if you don't care about it, it organizes spells by class, and appends the source information in the spell descriptions rather than showing lists by book.

Trens is more pretty, but both will parse well when you import the spell. I'm slowly working on a PFSRD automated scrapper which will scrape all equipment, and spells which will get me better, custom formatting later on. I gave up on using predictive metrics to fix the formatted text entry when I realized that the tags weren't fully formed in some cases.

One thing about scrapping PFSRD is that it doesn't use IP names like 'Deadeye's Arrow' which is turned into 'Shock Arrow' so I'll need to have a post-processor after the fact.

https://imgur.com/Mc53IJA
    Last edited by Ken L; October 13th, 2015 at 00:05.

I noticed that when I am browsing the spells in the list, I see the domain instead of the short description of the spell. Is that intentional?

Last I remember, the database doesn't have complete short descriptions, with many of the fields left blank so Tren is using something else.

Blog Entries
    When I use Spells by Sourcebook, The Dragon's Demand gives the following:

Script Error: [string "common/scripts/windowtitlebar.lua"]: 18: attempt to index local 'nodeTitle' (a nil value)

Thread Information