FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

5E pre-gen player characters

If you wish to share some pregen characters for others to use in games please export the XML and upload them here. Please add the following information:

Character Level(s)
    Race(s)
    Character Class(es)
    Creation Method: (e.g. point buy, roll, standard array)
    Libraries Used: (e.g. none, Basic Rules, Core Classes, Par5e)

Here's a file to start...

All level 1
    27 point buy

There are now several dozen total from the following Fantasy Grounds souces:

Player's Handbook
    Elemental Evil Player's Companion
    Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide
    Volo's Guide to Monsters
    Unearthed Arcana (DMs Guild)
    Blood Hunter Class (DMs Guild)
    Defier Class (DMs Guild)

Enjoy!

Feel free to follow me on https://twitch.tv/rob2e where I play Fantasy Grounds D&D 5E six days a week.

If you're interested in the instructions to create a new character from scratch in 12-20 minutes, see this post...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sty-Grounds-5E

PLEASE! If anyone spots a mistake and/or can help with better automation (spell, powers, etc.) let me know at [email protected].

Here is the updated list of the characters in this zip file:

Link to the list (Google Sheet): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...l6RY7CPV3_VRZI

The file with the XMLs can now be downloaded from the DMs Guild - https://www.dmsguild.com/product/206...iate_id=878507 (Pay What You Want)

Every race and class is represented at least once here. (Or an effort is being made to keep up with that.)

The idea is that when a DM wants to start a game with a player who doesn't have a character (and/or is a complete noob), you can literally start immediately on games where players have not created characters.
    Last edited by rob2e; April 9th, 2021 at 18:36.
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Good Idea

EDIT: There have been some mistakes found in these characters, I will correct them tomorrow, until then, use with care :)

Tower of Doom characters (ToD.zip)
    Creation Method: standard array
    Libraries Used: DD PHB Deluxe

Crassus (level 7 human fighter / Champion)
    Dimsdale (level 7 dwarf fighter / Battle Master)
    Greldon (level 7 human cleric / War Priest)
    Lucia (level 7 elf fighter / Eldritch knight)

1st-level characters (DnD.zip)
    Creation Method: standard array
    Libraries Used: DD PHB Deluxe

Half-Orc barbarian lvl 1 (two handed)
    Half-Orc barbarian lvl 1 (two weapons)
    Half-elf bard lvl 1
    Halfling fighter lvl 1
    Human barbarian lvl 1
    Halfling ranger lvl 1
    Dragonborn fighter lvl1
    Last edited by kane280484; October 13th, 2015 at 19:26.
    English is not my native language, I apologize for any grammar mistakes or awkward choice of words.

thanks
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=33985&dateline=143143  1305

Today, while I was playing "An Incomplete Breakfast" it occurred to me that some PC XMLs would be a wonderful way to share how to create/use Effects in FG. For instance, I wouldn't have imagined using a "No Shield" -2 AC effect for when a character uses a versatile weapon two-handed. My thought is that I would have a campaign where I would keep these wonderful examples of how to use effects (cause you can use the hourglass to see the syntax, and which buttons need to be toggled) when my players get to the higher levels. So, if any of you have upper level characters, with extensive use of effects, and you'd be willing to post them. They'd be a great resource.

Also, "An Incomplete Breakfast" is a wonderful adventure, both the design, and the seeing of all the things that you can do in FG. For instance, I'd known there was a "Vote" command, but I had no idea how it worked. The use of mood lighting was done well, though I'm not sure if I'll be incorporating that into my campaigns. In all, I learned a lot ... in addition to having a fun time -- how often does that happen?

Blog Entries
    If you have examples (class, race, spells, feats, level, etc., etc.) with certain spells and powers and all that, just let me know. I'd be willing to build a few and spec them out with all effects.
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Quote Originally Posted by ffujita View Post
    Today, while I was playing "An Incomplete Breakfast" it occurred to me that some PC XMLs would be a wonderful way to share how to create/use Effects in FG. For instance, I wouldn't have imagined using a "No Shield" -2 AC effect for when a character uses a versatile weapon two-handed. My thought is that I would have a campaign where I would keep these wonderful examples of how to use effects (cause you can use the hourglass to see the syntax, and which buttons need to be toggled) when my players get to the higher levels. So, if any of you have upper level characters, with extensive use of effects, and you'd be willing to post them. They'd be a great resource.

Also, "An Incomplete Breakfast" is a wonderful adventure, both the design, and the seeing of all the things that you can do in FG. For instance, I'd known there was a "Vote" command, but I had no idea how it worked. The use of mood lighting was done well, though I'm not sure if I'll be incorporating that into my campaigns. In all, I learned a lot ... in addition to having a fun time -- how often does that happen?
    Thanks, ffujita, glad you enjoyed it. Here's the pregens for The Incomplete Breakfast
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hey all. I know I'm late to the party, and a little slow, but I'm wondering why I don't find a whole bunch of pregen PC's for 5E. Are there legalities that prevent me from sharing the PC's I've created? It seems members of these forums would freely export and share the PC's from their campaigns unless there are restrictions on doing this. Am I missing something?
    TheEldritchPress.com
    Editions 1st-5th since '79
    Running on a Mac. Yup, I'm one of those guys

Thread Information