Starfinder Playlist

Will Numenera Ever be in the FG Store?

Hello FG folks.
    I am just getting into Numenera and was wondering if the Official Rules from the Core Book, Bestiary, Cypher books etc etc will ever be officially in the store. I am asking because if not then I will start putting a complete Player and DM version with everything mixed together to make one database. Of course I know it will take a good while to do. Unfortunately it will have to be for me because I will be parsing out of the PDF's.

I also have one other question. Is there a way to make a weapons/equipment/armor type of page like in the 5e and Savage World plug ins where it is a larger page with multiple columns and links. If not, is there a plug in that will allow to format modules/plugins differently that what the features are currently. I love FG module creation options but was looking to maybe expand a little more like with open/close buttons, radials, etc.

I am not a coder so it wold have to be in a plug in format.

Thanks all!

Last I knew Monte Cook seemed resistant to do much of anything digital.

We've reached out a couple times to MCG, but have not heard anything back. Please let them know, if you would like to see official content on FG.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thanks JPG!

Is the idea of Numenera on FG dead? I am a fan of both FG and Numenera and would like to see this and other MCG products here. Any

Quote Originally Posted by gamemasterbob View Post
    Is the idea of Numenera on FG dead? I am a fan of both FG and Numenera and would like to see this and other MCG products here. Any
    I wouldn't say dead, just up to the publisher. It starts with them to allow us to distribute content. The ruleset is still available to use and games can be run with it.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Please reach out to MCG, and let them know that you'd like to see their products on Fantasy Grounds. We've reached out to them several times in the past, so let them know we're ready when they are.

Regards,
    JPG

I dropped my support to MCG after their refusal to make anything digital, except their PDFs. They, like Steve Jackson Games, are slowly losing opportunities until they are no longer relevant.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

MCG recently posted somewhere (I saw a screen capture so I'm not sure where it came from) that the bulk of their stuff will soonish be made available on Roll20.

That said, the Cypher/Numenera/Strange rulesets would need some love for store products to even make a difference in how it's played on FGU. Right now it's mostly a character sheet (with some automation) and enhanced dice roller. It's fully useable as is, and I do use it fairly regularly. However, I would love to see the current dice mechanic reworked to be more in line with the "Cypher mindset".

Let me explain. When I play Cypher-based games on FGU, I have to think differently as a GM than I do when playing at a table or even just over Discord. The FGU ruleset is built so that it increases the level you can attain with a certain roll by adding to the roll. While this is how most RPGs work, it is actually backwards from the way Cypher works. The idea in Cypher is to reduce the difficulty level via Effort, Assets, Skills, etc. so a difficult task becomes easier, ideally to where a roll isn't even necessary (because any roll is dangerous). That's just not how the FG ruleset works. It works by making the roll more powerful via adding the Effort, Assets, Skills, etc. to the die roll so you succeed at a higher difficulty level than the dice roll shows.

Example: As the GM, I assign level 4 difficulty that requires a 12 or higher on a d20. My player says they're applying effort, reducing that to 3(9). Now, let's say they roll a 7 on the d20 which is only a level 2 success. The Ruleset, however, will show that they succeeded at level 3 because it adds the effort to the roll. Going by the result given in FGU, they would succeed at the level 3, but it should still be a failure in this case as the original difficulty level was 4.
    I'm always having to catch myself to have to compare to the unmodified difficulty after the roll, not the eased one. I hope I'm making sense.

I do want to be clear that I'm not out to disparage any of the work done on the current rulesets. I love them and, because I love them, I really want them to be more awesome than they already are.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Thread Information