FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 6 of 8 First ... 45678 Last

Thread: ADD 2E ruleset

Thanks Trenloe,
    but in the 3.5E, in the scripts folder, there's no manager_chat.lua.
    I've imported a file called chat_chat.lua from ADD2 and renamed manager_chat.lua and write it in the base.xml file

<script name="ChatManager" file="desktop/scripts/manager_chat.lua" />

But I still receive that error
    Last edited by Larhalt; October 17th, 2015 at 14:33.

I'm guessing that the ADD2 ChatManager global script had the function "DoubleClickNPC". I'd recommend moving this to a new global script (try not to modify the base CoreRPG ChatManager script so that future FG upgrade don't break your code. You may need to move more from the ADD2 ChatManager package as DoubleClickNPC might rely on other scripts.

However... I'd recommend trying to use the rolling built into FG. Have a look at double-click code on some of the 3.5E fields to see how that works. I think this particular example is trying to roll a d100 from a NPC? Look at some of the 3.5E NPC sheet code for dice rolling to see how CoreRPG/3.5e does things.

Try to build 3.5e to work the way you want - rather than trying to force some of the old ADD2 code into the 3.5e ruleset.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Larhalt View Post
    but in the 3.5E, in the scripts folder, there's no manager_chat.lua.
    That's why I said "In the CoreRPG you'll find..."

Remember that 3.5e is layered on top of CoreRPG. So you will need to look at both the 3.5e and CoreRPG rulesets when looking for code. 3.5e code will override CoreRPG code as 3.5e runs on top of CoreRPG.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok, now the error has gone, but when I double click any field, nothing happened and nothing appear in the console...
    I'm almost done with this project

Ok, now the error has gone, but when I double click any field, nothing happened and nothing appear in the console...
    See post #52 above. Don't just replace script files that exist in 3.5e/CoreRPG, move custom code to new files.

The problem is that the file manager_chat.lua doesn't exist in the desktop/scripts folder of 3.5E

The problem is that the file manager_chat.lua doesn't exist in the desktop/scripts folder of 3.5E
    See post #53 above.

But, as mentioned in post #52, don't replace base 3.5e or CoreRPG script files with files from ADD2, otherwise you will break the base FG functionality. Look to use the 3.5e ruleset code first. Look at the 3.5e ruleset functionality - run a 3.5e campaign and see how that handles certain actions.

You shouldn't need to bring that much code from the ADD2 ruleset into 3.5e. Most of the work you'll do is graphical and layout based. Keep code changes to a minimum, and do custom coding in new files if you can.
    Last edited by Trenloe; October 17th, 2015 at 15:05.

Ok, I thinks that is as much as I can do, at the moment.
    I can't check everything you said 'cause I'm lacking the needed skill, but I thank you Trenloe for the patience showed

Blog Entries
    That means that the 3.5E ruleset is using the manager_chat.lua file from CoreRPG.

And where I can find it?
    I've searched in the whole 3.5 ruleset, but no result.

Thread Information