DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last

Thread: ADD 2E ruleset

Someone have a tip for me about the previous post? Somewhere to look?

Quote Originally Posted by Larhalt View Post
    The GM rolls are always visible to player.
    I already replied on this here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post229867

There's very few option.
    There are three tabs down the right hand side of the options window: Personal, Game and Combat.

I tried party sheet and calendar, but maybe I'm not able to understand how they works.
    Need more info - what steps have you carried out, what errors are you getting?

The table doesn't work. I can populate it, but when I roll the dice, nothing appear on the chat. (see attached file)
    Need more info - what steps have you carried out, what errors are you getting?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi Trenloe, here some other info

The GM Rolls are always visible even with the option "Chat: Show GM Rolls" and with the option /die hide rolls (maybe wrong words, but I use the exact time I found out in one of your post)
    Attachment 11170

That's all the option I have
    Attachment 11171
    Attachment 11172

And here is the table. If I don't insert number in the field, I can throw the dice and something appear in the chat, as you can see. But when I insert more than
    two number and the "d2" dice label appear on the top, I can roll the dice, but nothing happen.

Attachment 11173

Ah, OK. So this is actually *not* the ADD2 ruleset, this is all stuff you're bringing in from CoreRPG.

You're going to have to try to debug these issues in your ruleset. As this works fine in CoreRPG, but it not working in your ruleset, it could be any number of different issues.

You'll have to work through the code you've added - adding Debug.console messages within the code, and open the console by typing /console in the chat window, is a good place to start.

1. For the dice roll visibility, look at the dice roll code left in the base ADD2 ruleset, there will be some code that was looking at the old option I mentioned above - you'll need to change this to use the new option.
    2. Calendars and party sheet: These are launched by buttons on the desktop. CoreRPG will more than likely use a different way to launch these than the ADD2 ruleset. You'll need to change the code to make this happen.
    3. Tables not displaying in chat - this will be because the table functionality relies on the CoreRPG "action" mechanism (how FG processes the result of the dice roll) and this isn't in the ADD2 ruleset.

As I mentioned above (post #14): if the ADD2 is close to what you want then use that. It appears that this is not the case as you're trying to bring in a lot of extra functionality from CoreRPG. If this CoreRPG functionality (tables, party sheet, calendars, CoreRPG options, etc.) is what you want in the ruleset then you're best building the ADD2 ruleset on top of CoreRPG - perhaps start with the 3.5E ruleset, because at least this has the base 6 abilities and relevant graphics.

If you just want to fix issues and get a base ADD2 ruleset running (which is what I thought you were looking for) then you're best updating the ADD2 ruleset, but this won't have the nice CoreRPG bells and whistles without a lot of work.
    Last edited by Trenloe; September 30th, 2015 at 22:08.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I decided to do it from scratch, based on the 3.5

So far there's no automation at all, but hey, at least I have the charsheet (25% done 'til now)

So begin with the problem:
    • How can I remove the name and the portrait from every tabs except the main?
    • There's a "+" in the AC icon, someone know in which template I can find it and remove it?

So begin with the problem:
    • How can I remove the name and the portrait from every tabs except the main?
    • There's a "+" in the AC icon, someone know in which template I can find it and remove it?
    1) I wouldn't recommend removing the name and portrait on other tabs. This helps for players running multiple PCs or GMs looking at PCs to easily see which PC each of the windows is for when they have them open on any of the tabs.
    2) The + sign indicates that this is a temporary modifier field that allows a temporary modifier to be added to the field using CTRL+Mouse-wheel. If this field might have the need for these temporary modifier then I'd recommend leaving this in place. If not, look for control/template using the <number_modifier> template.

I need to remove the the form because I need all the possible space in every tab.

I need to remove the the form because I need all the possible space in every tab.
    Really? Are you saying that 2E needs more space than 3.5e?

I still wouldn't recommend it - it will get very confusing for people with multiple PC windows open. I had to add this code into the Star Wars ruleset as it was too confusing not having the name and portrait/token visible at the top of the PC window on all tabs.

But, if you really want to do it, then look at the code at the top of record_char.xml and move this into record_char_main.xml.

Excuse me, I understand what you're trying to explain, but since I'm doing this ruleset, I'll do as I need, can I?

Thread Information