DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

Thread: ADD 2E ruleset

ADD 2E ruleset

Hello,
    since there's no working ruleset with FG3, I'm searching for a group that can help to create one.
    We can start from the ruleset built by Psicodelix (here)

I'm not a coder, but if someone show me what and where modify, I can understand it.

I speak Italian, English and I'm learning German.

Blog Entries
    I looked at those files, it's very complicated.

It might be better to start from scratch and layer your own 2E ruleset on top of 3.5E because you can use a lot of that code. The character sheet would have to be rearranged for 2E, mostly the Main tab, so that's a good place to start once you figure out how to set up a layered ruleset.

You also would have to do some coding for initiative, AC, THAC0, and saving throws. I don't know how easy grapple would be to convert, and all of the AC variations give me a bit of a headache. But, I still think that would be easier than trying to pick apart the existing 2E ruleset.

Blog Entries
    Or use the most excellent DCC ruleset!

Blog Entries
    The question I'd be asking myself is this; do I want to spend my time coding or gaming?

There's DCC and/or Castles and Crusades - both will give you something very close to what you want, without the extra work. IMO at least.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Just to clarify, very close doesn't mean the same.
    Can you show me, please, where is the saving throw for breathe weapon in the character sheet of DCC and/or C&C?

Quote Originally Posted by Larhalt View Post
    Hello,
    since there's no working ruleset with FG3, I'm searching for a group that can help to create one.
    We can start from the ruleset built by Psicodelix (here)

I'm not a coder, but if someone show me what and where modify, I can understand it.

I speak Italian, English and I'm learning German.
    Hi Larhalt,

i also like to to have a 2E ruleset based on CoreRPG (e.g. ported from the current 2E version or OSRIC to a FG3 based on CoreRPG ruleset).

Currently i am working on a "patched" version of the PFRGP(3.5E) ruleset to get it "fully" localized and so i learned a lot of the code struture and how things works within the FG3 framework (but my.FG3 Coding Skills are still at beginner level...).

So i could not spent much time into an other project, but i could try to help you if you want to (i speak german and english .. a little bit ...).

regards
    drvolk

Blog Entries
    Can you show me, please, where is the saving throw for breathe weapon in the character sheet of DCC and/or C&C?
    I agree. As someone who decided they wanted to replay to old AD&D modules a few years ago, I understand that you want to play vintage AD&D and not a close relative. Fortunately, I had the OSRIC ruleset then, which was close enough to AD&D to work, but that ruleset is no longer supported.

I might be able to help you decipher some of the CoreRPG and 3.5E code since I have spent quite a lot of time looking at it recently myself and have a basic idea of what is going on most of the time. I can give you a very amateur perspective on it, since I am not a professional coder.

On the other hand, the existing 2E ruleset code has a lot of templates and functions that seem overly complicated, take up a lot of space, and most of the time already exist in some form in the CoreRPG / 3.5E rulesets. I found the 3.5E code to be much cleaner, again, from a very amateur perspective.

Thank you so much leozelig, if you want, you can add me to skype. I send you a pm

Blog Entries
    You're right; close isn't the same. I was just thinking you might want to play instead of program... but if you have the urge to create, all the power to you!

I can't speak for DCC, but in C&C a save vs Dragon Breath would be based off of a character's Dexterity attribute, whether or not it is a Prime stat or not (base save calculation starts at a 12 vs 18), modified upwards by the HD of the creature using the attack.

That might sound a little difficult, but in practice this takes you about 2 seconds to calculate and adjudicate after the roll is made.

-----

So, a Rogue has an 18 Dexterity and it's a Prime stat for him (as per his class). A 7 HD dragon hits the Rogue with a breath weapon requiring a save.

That means his base save is a 12.

To the d20 roll he'll add +3 because of his actual attribute score.

On the CK side, you would add +7 to the base save roll required (12+7=19).

This is all accomplished from the character sheet (the roll and deciding prime/non-prime).
    Last edited by JohnD; September 18th, 2015 at 15:44. Reason: Added an example.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I know what you mean, I bought C&C hoping it was what I looking for, but unfortunately, the ST in the 2E works different, they change by level and class, not with statistic.
    The statistics points have other rules, they modify your CA, spells bonus, HP, Dmg, ST etc.

The two rulesets DCC and C&C doesn't have this kind of mechanics
    Last edited by Larhalt; September 18th, 2015 at 16:33.

Thread Information