STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Campaign Effects Export Extension (CoreRPG based rulesets)

*** No longer needed - included in v3.2.0 ***

Below is a simple extension that allows exporting of effects from the campaign effects list into a module.

Version: 1.0 - First release.
    Compatibility: CoreRPG based rulesets (3.5E, PFRPG, 4E, 5E, C&C, etc.) - note: not fully tested will all rulesets.

Download the "Campaign Effects Export.ext" file attached at the end of this post, place in your <FG App Data>\extensions directory and activate the "Campaign Effects Export" extension on the Load Campaign screen of Fantasy Grounds.

How it works

The "Campaign Effects" option is added to the Module Export window (right at the bottom, scroll down to see it):

This allows the GM to export any effects entered into the Campaign Effects window to be exported into a module and re-used in other campaigns.

Gotchas
    There will also appear an entry for this module in the library, with a list called "Campaign Effects" - these aren't valid, please ignore them. Use the effects list accessible through the button in the top right of the desktop only.
    Last edited by Trenloe; November 2nd, 2016 at 02:24.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Adding Effects to the Campaign Effects List

To create an effects module you can either manually enter effects in the Campaign Effects List or you can drag them from a PC or NPC. Note that [SELF] targeting info doesn't come across as this doesn't apply to campaign effects. The effect text, use, and duration come across from a PC/NPC to the campaign effects list.

For example, the following shows a Sneak Attack effect after being dragged from the PC to the Campaign Effects window, the [SELF] targeting has been removed, but everything else remains correct:

Last edited by Trenloe; September 15th, 2015 at 22:34.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Placeholder.

Blog Entries
    Nice work! Well done.

This is awesome Trenloe.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Looks great - I started to use the custom effects in the past as a campaign repository, but went to purely GM-use character sheet-based for quick and dirty portability (using a character sheet as the effect library). I hang it off an invisible token...but will give this a try.

Also, on a side note, that Sneak Attack effect should use the "precision" qualifier so that it is not muliplied on crits.

Quote Originally Posted by HoloGnome View Post
    Also, on a side note, that Sneak Attack effect should use the "precision" qualifier so that it is not muliplied on crits.
    In 5e Sneak Attack is doubled with a crit:

Quote Originally Posted by 5e Player's Handbook, Page. 196 under Critical Hits
    If the attack involves other damage dice, such as from the rogue’s Sneak Attack feature, you roll those dice twice as well.

Good to know, but not the case in Pathfinder Society. Precision damage is not multiplied on critical hits in PFS. So, I will amend my above remark by adding that if it's PFS the Sneak Attack effect should have a damage type of precision.

Quote Originally Posted by HoloGnome View Post
    Good to know, but not the case in Pathfinder Society. Precision damage is not multiplied on critical hits in PFS. So, I will amend my above remark by adding that if it's PFS the Sneak Attack effect should have a damage type of precision.
    I actually prefer the PF method (both with regard to SA crit damage and the conditions necessary for SA)... But since the screen-shots from above were from the 5e ruleset I just thought I'd clarify.

Yeaaaaah...bad assumption on my part that they were the same.

Thread Information