DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: RQ2 Extension

RQ2 Extension

I've had a request for the RQ2 Extension, so here it is in it's current state.

So, list of things that i've done:

Changed the icons to use coreRPG ones, i just think they look nicer.
    resized and moved the chat window to make it more useful to play. I haven't made it resizable because i couldnt figure out the chat command locations.
    Most other windows are resizable and moveable.

Stat calculations are based on the original runequest 2 "middle of the book" table. I've added the attack bonus mod onto the main character sheet page. It's not great if you use sanity as it will overlap.

The character sheet is set to use the skills from the runequest 2 charactersheet. Bonuses are calculated on the fly from the stats as per the middle of the book reference above.

I'm still working to tweak and enhance but if anyone adds in some funky stuff, please do share!

Updated with a modified version of universal tables that has the RQ2 Background table (type /t BT) and Fumble Table (type /t FT)
    03 Feb 2016 updated main extension file (resolved issues with not showing on standard BRP rulesets.

Az.
    Last edited by Azaran; February 3rd, 2016 at 20:27.

Thank you Azaran.
    This is great!

I really appreciate this, Especially as a fan of the older Runequest rules.

As an aside, would you mind if I pick your brain Azaran? I'm trying to adapt the Stormbringer/Magic World rules and it uses a simple (Characteristic / 2) for skill category bonuses, but no matter what I've tried when editing the "myscript.lua" I can't get it to override the default BRP skill category bonuses. I looked at the way you edited the 'getCategoryBonus' function and as far as I can my syntax is correct.

If you don't mind pointing me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it. I'm no coding expert, I've only dabbled with javascript in pdf forms and have done a little bit of python before, so I'm not completely clueless, but I seem to have exhausted my ability trying to suss this out.

Cheers

Sure.

give me a wee while to go through my coding to figure out how i did it as it's been a while

there it is. have a look for the charsheet_skilllist.lua in the scripts folder. Look down to the getCategoryBonus part, it overrides the one in the myscript.lua

I don't understand. Your extensions don't appear when I load a BRP campaign. I've missed something to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Vackipleur View Post
    I don't understand. Your extensions don't appear when I load a BRP campaign. I've missed something to do?
    To install the extension, you need to put it into C:\Users\<Your Windows Username>\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds\extensions

Once you do that, when you select a campaign with BRP as the ruleset, you should see RQ2 Extension in the list of extensions. You need to enable it before loading the campaign.

Az.

Usual process but your extensions don't appear for me...

Attachment 12916

Quote Originally Posted by Vackipleur View Post
    Usual process but your extensions don't appear for me...

Attachment 12916
    Would you be able to do the same screenshot while creating a new campaign with brp?

Of course. But same issue.Attachment 12917

Thread Information