5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Where the north begins and pure water flows, eastern time zone USA
    Blog Entries
    I want to thank you guys for playing last night, and your patience as I learned some of the technical difficulties from the other side of the table. I was pretty sure near the end you would have helped the conscripts escape at the price of the entire party dying. Those Romans were way tougher than I realized, and they were straight out of the SW Ultimate Roman Legion guide. LOL before the game I was worried mere human opponents would be to easy. I didn't even get to use any of the really bad surprises in case you cut through them quickly. However you all succeeded, the boys were saved, and the party all survived though mostly badly injured on the field at the end of the game. You guys were great making this first time GM feel very comfortable and I had fun myself. So now I am going to run this a second time with a few tweaks to the battles etc in case some who played want to give the next one shot a go as well. That will be September 26 at 7 pm GMT, 2 PM EDT.

Good times, Ellspeth! Thanks for all the work you did bringing this together. I'd be happy to join again, but I'd rather wait until the last day to enroll in order to give others a chance to play. Let me know if you end up with a spot that needs filling. I would love to play a different character for variety's sake.

If you don't mind a brief review here to encourage people to join, I'd just like to say how much I enjoyed the narrative, the characters (both other players and you), and how it really felt like the we chose our own path. I had zero sense of being railroaded into anything. As far as technical difficulties? Bleh, I've seen much worse, lol -- those things will just fix themselves with experience.

Thanks again.

Blog Entries
    Well done Ellspeth!

Blog Entries
    Thanks Damned, one of the things I love best about this community is the awesome level of support for new people, new players, and the amazing encouragement from people simply because we share a common hobby, interest. I was really pleased by the response to a game that was purely historical, though I felt a lot like a juggler running the game. If nothing else I gained immense respect for the effort that goes into running games, and a greater appreciation for the really great people running the games I play in. That being said, I did enjoy running the game, and if the next session goes well I may even dare running it for the next FGDaze.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellspeth View Post
    Thanks Damned, one of the things I love best about this community is the awesome level of support for new people, new players, and the amazing encouragement from people simply because we share a common hobby, interest. I was really pleased by the response to a game that was purely historical, though I felt a lot like a juggler running the game. If nothing else I gained immense respect for the effort that goes into running games, and a greater appreciation for the really great people running the games I play in. That being said, I did enjoy running the game, and if the next session goes well I may even dare running it for the next FGDaze.
    Too late Ellspeth. You are already on my list of GMs to recruit for FGCon7!

Blog Entries
    The second one shot for this game went even better than the first, since the story left a set up for a series of linked one shots, that has room for both regular and one time players. I'll be running them for GMD the last Saturday of each month for a while, non-members welcome to join any of the one shots, and there will be a seat reserved in this game each month for those who only want to try it once. So the journey to help the Druid Rhydwyn to escape Britain with the collected knowledge of the Druids, with sympathetic helpers and a lot more enemies waiting along the journey has begun.

Thread Information