FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Update on D20 Modern

The story so far...

(see I told you I was no good with graphics, oh and can you change the fonts the program uses? That one doesn't look very modern).

Basically I've decided to split the classes.xml into classes.xml which is just the base classes and occuptations and then add an advclasses.xml which will have all the campaigns advanced classes. I've done all the base classes and all the generic advanced classes, so I'll do a zip of the xml for them and put it on my webspace, so if you folks working on the graphics want to grab them and build your graphics around that then go ahead.

I plan on expanding to add all the campaign advanced classes form the core rulebook (88% complete on this) and then all the Urban Arcana ones (8% complete), but both of these require updates to the spells and stuff which is a lot of extra work, and I'ld rather get a functional character sheet first, as without it, its not really playable.

The is a good reason for spliting the advanced classes off into there own advclasses.xml, basically the base classes are going to be used by every D20 Modern GM, but not everyone is going to want to use all the campaign specific advanced classes and this way its helps keep things organised better I think. Plus there are so many advanced classes that box has to be scrollable, while you will still want access to the base classes all the time. Obviously this split ment that I had to alter some graphics and d20_reference.xml and some other files so the xml in the zip is really only for any other folks that are working on development not a useable version yet. I'll post a link in this thread when I put the files up.

(Oh yeah Ranged Weapons, Armor and Melee weapons are complete as is feats (only the core rulebook ones) so I'll include those too).

Okay the file is up

(file removed with release of beta)

There are four xml files in it

equipment.xml
    classes.xml
    feats.xml
    advclasses.xml

Looks very nice, thx.
    MAPVENTURES
    https://www.mapventures.com
    Fantasy Adventures, Maps & Electronic Modules

Got a lot of work done on the charsheet.xml today (it was a lot easier than I expected) so hopefully I'll have a beta playable version ready for next weekend.

Okay a beta version is ready.

(dead link removed for newer version see below)

download it and unzip the folder into the rulesets folder in the fantasy grounds directory.

What it does do...

Character sheet. (3 pages, no magic or psionic class so no spells section).
    NPC sheet (no special graphics as yet).
    Al the occupations.
    All base class and all generic advanced classes from the core rulebook.
    All generic feats from the core rulebook.
    Ranged Weapons
    Melee Weapons
    Armor

What it doesn't support (yet)

Wealth (doh! I only released this after I uploaded the zip to my server space, I'll try and sort this one ASAP).
    Critters (although it does still have the D20 Monsters from the original D&D rules)
    Spells or Psionics (While they are part of the core, they arn't useds by any of the non-campaign specific classes, so they aren't a priority. However once I have the kinks out of this I intend to do an Urban Arcana specific ruleset that will support magic).
    Nice graphics (the stuff that comes with this zip are basically place holders).
    Oh and the other faults people are sure to point out.

Beta 2 is now available. Its about 2.2 MB download.

(link removed with release of Beta 3)

Updated to include Reputation and Wealth, I'ld appricate it if some folks would take a look and give some feedback.

Edit: Faulty link fixed.

Question: If someone wanted to add advanced classes (that didn't need additional skills, etc) to the advclasses.xml and they changed their own copy would that propogate to everyone else that played with them?

I'm just wondering if campaign specific advanced classes should be handled more like the houserules.xml file. Support there but no file as yet?

Obviously if you have something like Urban Arcana that's going to need more than a few advance classes and so will need to be a whole new build with its additional skills and magic, etc.

Just to let folks know I've not forgotten about this (although there seems to be little interest from folks here).

I've just finished coding all the creatures from the core book and the menace manual SRD into it. They aren't in the one available for download as yet. Maybe this weekend if anyone shows an interest.

That will just leave spells, psionics and a bit more graphic work to do before a finished release.

Well since you and I have and interest the spells as well. It only took me a morning, I've got the hang of text functions in excel doing the XML to character sheet thing, so now I just write a little spread sheet, that takes a SRD entry and instantly converts it to make it suitable for Fantasy Grounds. The its just a matter of cutting and pasting each one.

Now I think the only thing missing rules wise is the psionics, although the character sheet is now going to need some work to add spell list back in, and additional slots for new skills.

Thread Information