DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer1 View Post
    Another question:
    As a GM, do you think it is best to roll the character stats with the whole party together in the first session of starting a campaign? Or do you think it is better to just have the players build their characters on their own and bring them to the first game session? Asking from the "what do you like" perspective

Thank you so much again for answering all these newbie questions...
    Adventurer1
    My advice is to send out the rules you want to follow to your players via email. I would also suggest a "session 0" for character creation where stats are generated in front of you. More effective might be to have a bunch of session 0 opportunities where you can walk through creating a PC with your players one-on-one... important if you have new people so you can dedicate your attention to them.

I have a special process for character creation which differs depending on what each player wants to make, so a dedicated session often works better... plus you can keep character stats private this way between you, the CK, and the player in question.

TL;DR there's no right way or wrong way to do this - you have to pick what you want to do as the CK.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

@ JohnD

That is awesome advice...thank you very much.

do you mind sharing your process, or would you like to keep it on the Down low? no biggie if so...

I really want to be a good/effective/fun GM for the party

Blog Entries
    Sure. I'll drop you a PM tomorrow when I'm not using an on screen keyboard and can actually type reasonably efficiently.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

Blog Entries
    PMs sent (I had to break it into 2 messages).

- John Diefenbaker

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    PMs sent (I had to break it into 2 messages).
    Boy oh boy...that was super helpful...Thank you so much...I will need some time to fully digest it and apply it correctly, but it certainly has helped so far.

thanks again
    Adventurer1

Thread Information