5E Character Create Playlist
Page 13 of 21 First ... 31112131415 ... Last
    Where do I put these .ext files? I was assuming the extension folder, but can't figure it out. Any help would be great!

New: NVM found it. Would help to enable the extensions when launching FG.
    Last edited by Sirjohn2; January 6th, 2019 at 19:31.

Hi, I'm new and seeing this thread, I figure it's better to piggy back off this one.

I'm looking to do something similar down the road with a local/in house game and use FG to help with the campaigning.
    Probably going to eventually run Out of the Abyss with some friends.

If I understand the purchase options correctly, would I just need a Standard license to DM locally? I'd plan on my laptop with the DM screen, and a 2nd screen on a tv for the players, and it seems that a "demo" version would be sufficient to make that happen provided no one else is logging in to the server?

Is that correct?

If I do have someone down the road (have a sister in England who may want to remote in), I would either need to upgrade my Standard account to Ultimate, or she would need to buy a standard license as well? On top of that my "demo" version would have to be upgraded to Standard too so that it can also log in locally? (As the demo player gets booted the minute any additional users join).

At which point the Ultimate license seems the most cost effective way if that's 3 standard licenses. Am I understanding all that correctly?

Thanks, and looking forward to diving a bit deeper into this "dungeon"

Blog Entries
    You've got it.

With the one caveat that if you run your local table as a second monitor from your laptop (for instance if it has an HDMI port you use) then you would just just the TV instance as a second instance on your laptop (assuming it can handle that).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    You've got it.

With the one caveat that if you run your local table as a second monitor from your laptop (for instance if it has an HDMI port you use) then you would just just the TV instance as a second instance on your laptop (assuming it can handle that).
    Thank you. I probably will try the double instance route. We're probably getting a new laptop in the coming months.

Doing research now on how thin/light I can go while still having a good gpu.

Blog Entries
    I run a Dell Precision M3800. Its much more than FG needs, but it is light (for a workstation class laptop). It's also pretty old and I doubt you can find them anymore.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I would just add that if you are playing face-to-face games and even if you choose NOT to use a TV or second monitor (or all players have their own laptops), Fantasy Grounds is still an OUTSTANDING campaign management tool for the DM/GM to track rules, characters, npcs, etc. It (to me) is much more than just a VTT... I keep ALL my campaign notes and data in it (and I keep backups of all of it on another PC and the cloud... just in case).

Oh, and Welcome to FG!
    Check out my FG theme - The Coming of Night

FG Ultimate License
    D&D5e-Pathfinder-Savage Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by iotech View Post
    I would just add that if you are playing face-to-face games and even if you choose NOT to use a TV or second monitor (or all players have their own laptops), Fantasy Grounds is still an OUTSTANDING campaign management tool for the DM/GM to track rules, characters, npcs, etc. It (to me) is much more than just a VTT... I keep ALL my campaign notes and data in it (and I keep backups of all of it on another PC and the cloud... just in case).

Oh, and Welcome to FG!
    Yes, that's the nice thing and right now all I own is the PHB as a hardcopy so getting some of these on digital isn't going to be a double cost. My brother in law who will typically be playing with me has most of the hardcopies.

Also, one clarification I need. If I start with the standard, to upgrade to the ultimate is just the difference in cost? So upgrading from S to U would be $100, but not the full $150 the U normally costs, as I'll have sunk $50 in for the Standard version already?

As far as I understand, you are correct about the upgrade price.
    Check out my FG theme - The Coming of Night

FG Ultimate License
    D&D5e-Pathfinder-Savage Worlds

Blog Entries
    Yes, their is an Upgrade licesne. It's hard to find, I can't find it at the moment, but I've seen the link before and its is often mentioned. I think it's $111, but not sure ($149-$39 plus a dollar).

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Yes, their is an Upgrade licesne. It's hard to find, I can't find it at the moment, but I've seen the link before and its is often mentioned. I think it's $111, but not sure ($149-$39 plus a dollar).
    I found it here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...d=SWK03UPGRADE

But I only found it via Google, via the store it is probably a bit more complicated as you said

Thread Information