FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 11 of 21 First ... 910111213 ... Last
    So, I've found the fonts used for tables and have changed them to a nice big size - for my liking at least

Now, I just need to find the fonts used for lists and I'm good to go.
    Licence: Ultimate Licence Holder - Anyone can play in my games
    Systems: D&D 5e, Pathfinder, Savage Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Mistamichal View Post
    So, I've found the fonts used for tables and have changed them to a nice big size - for my liking at least

Now, I just need to find the fonts used for lists and I'm good to go.
    Awesome! Nice work!
    Live stream: https://www.twitch.tv/gwydione
    Youtube replays of fg sessions and tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQr...bIpAauZB41z8gA

Free stuff:
    D&D5e FAQ module for fg: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/196704/FAQs
    FG 5e Module Conversions: https://tinyurl.com/y6awo2la
    Map Maker Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/y3awlo4b
    Roll Player Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/y399kffz
    Rangers of Shadow Deep Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/rnyrgwg

Anyone know offhand which of these values in the xml are for the chat?

These ones:

<!-- Chat fonts - REQUIRED -->
    <font name="chatfont">
    <fgffile name="graphics/fonts/calibri-13.fgf" />
    <color value="#261A12" />
    </font>
    <font name="emotefont">
    <color value="#880000" />
    </font>
    <font name="narratorfont">
    <fgffile name="graphics/fonts/bold-14.fgf" />
    <color value="#261A12" />
    </font>
    <font name="systemfont">
    <color value="#660066" />
    </font>
    <font name="msgfont">
    </font>
    <font name="oocfont">
    <color value="#005500" />
    </font>

<!-- Chat fonts -->
    <font name="chatnpcfont">
    <color value="#000066" />
    </font>
    <font name="chatgmfont">
    <fgffile name="graphics/fonts/bolditalic-14.fgf" />
    <color value="#000000" />
    </font>
    <font name="whisperfont">
    <fgffile name="graphics/fonts/bold-14.fgf" />
    </font>

TYVM. I heart this community. Make it easy for guys like me who aren't very mod savvy to get **** done.

No worries. I'm not very mod savvy myself. I've just been lucky to get a bit of help here and there as well.

Hello all,
    In Saturday i am going to use FG for the first time IRL game session, i dont have a problem with running the game, its kind of easy i am worry about and still dont know of to use the CT or the combat do normally.
    the players wont have a PC so i mainly would like to use the CT for initiative order and HP management.
    Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Korak View Post
    the players wont have a PC so i mainly would like to use the CT for initiative order and HP management.
    Any suggestions?
    It can definitely be done, so try it! And if it doesn't work well for you, revise what you're trying to do or go with the usual manual method.

For face-to-face games I usually still track Init and HP on a dry-erase init tracker board - it keeps me in front of the players and not forever messing around with the CT and typing in/changing values in FG. Plus a lot of the maps I use don't leave much space on my battlemap TV to display the CT to the players. But that's me - it might work fine for you. If you're not that familiar with the CT I'd recommend that for your first session you just use FG for maps, otherwise you'll be spending too much time messing around with unfamiliar stuff in FG. Once you've got the basic down, you can work out what else you want to do in FG.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah FG is very useful for face-to-face games. I have now done 11 sessions in my Curse of Strahd campaign. I keep my laptop behind the DM screen and connect an external monitor where I run a second instance of FG so that the players can see the maps with fog-of-war. On my laptop I use the combat tracker for initiative, hit points and keep track of effects like Bardic Inspiration. Also, since my players and I are pretty new to DnD, I make sure to keep their character sheet up to date in FG so that I can quickly see what spells and abilities do when a player says "I cast xxx on yyy...". After the session I update their sheets (in FG for me, they each keep the paper version) with new abilities, new loot, etc. During the game to keep track of HP I just enter the numbers manually in the "wounds" box based on the results of the attack/heal. Everything is done with real dice. Works really well for my group.

Quote Originally Posted by nebbiolo View Post
    Yeah FG is very useful for face-to-face games. I have now done 11 sessions in my Curse of Strahd campaign. I keep my laptop behind the DM screen and connect an external monitor where I run a second instance of FG so that the players can see the maps with fog-of-war. On my laptop I use the combat tracker for initiative, hit points and keep track of effects like Bardic Inspiration. Also, since my players and I are pretty new to DnD, I make sure to keep their character sheet up to date in FG so that I can quickly see what spells and abilities do when a player says "I cast xxx on yyy...". After the session I update their sheets (in FG for me, they each keep the paper version) with new abilities, new loot, etc. During the game to keep track of HP I just enter the numbers manually in the "wounds" box based on the results of the attack/heal. Everything is done with real dice. Works really well for my group.
    That is exactly what i want to do, do you prepare the encounters before the sessions?
    because i know i will sometime improvise and will need to manually drop monsters to the CT, i dont need i will need the actual monster type. just a token to the CT.
    do you also use the map for combat?

Thread Information