DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Blog Entries

Purpose of manager_version2?

I am layering my custom ruleset on top of CoreRPG, and I am trying to figure out if I need a "manager_version2" file that is unique to my ruleset. What is the purpose of this file? It seems like it converts (or deletes) existing data from older versions of the ruleset to the latest version. I have posted a couple of updates, but I don't think I have made changes that would require that.

Am I understanding this file correctly?

Yep, it's to do with version handling - the main things being:
    • Changes in the campaing database
    • Changes to characters imported from an older version export.

The gotcha with this is that you'll need to have tracked the ruleset "release" version in the <root> tag of the ruleset base.xml tag.

If you haven't made any changes to the database structure (PCs, NPCs, items, etc.) then you won't need this (yet). But it will be good to make sure you have a specific "release" version set now so that you can tell for future version updates.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Trenloe. What would the contents of that file be with nothing to track at this stage?

There'd be no need for it. Remove the <script> reference from the ruleset base.xml.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Got it, I think I misunderstood your post.

Thread Information