DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Interface Zero 2.0

First of all, I'd like to personally congratulate Doswelk on this very well done work. The theme is gorgeous, there are portraits, a new tab for cyberware, contacts... Everything I could need to run my Interface Zero 2.0 that I was already planning to. Thanks a lot!

But now some troubleshooting since a few things might have gone unnoticed.

The weapons have no descriptions at all. =x

That's rather worrying as I remember putting them in!

One version even had the correct image as part of the description, but that did not work when we converted SW to CoreRPG mode, I'll check

Sorry
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

No worries! I'll surely report any problem I find while I prepare my campaign so we get a better product. No rush!

Shame that this was released before I did the final changes/checks to functional parts of the extension... Someone could have given me note that it is going to be released. Oh well, if it works that's fine as it seems I am not in the gang of authors :/
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

I was gathering some errors I'd find on the way but I've stumbled upon an important one:
    The "armor" is missing from the player sheet. (That shield thingy that's present on the basic SW, I think it's important on a ruleset full of armors and Armor Penetration, right?)

Also:
    - Bioroids are named "Biodroids"
    - Zeek Archetype is empty

Edit: The armor shows on the mini-sheet, so not a gamebreaker if I were to play it soon (which I'm not)
    Last edited by Dr0W; August 15th, 2015 at 05:56.

Player visibility on IZ skill descriptions also appears to be broke... GM can see them, players cannot.

Since this extension is stored in content.dat, how can the table be re-skinned effectively?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr0W View Post
    I was gathering some errors I'd find on the way but I've stumbled upon an important one:
    The "armor" is missing from the player sheet. (That shield thingy that's present on the basic SW, I think it's important on a ruleset full of armors and Armor Penetration, right?)

Also:
    - Bioroids are named "Biodroids"
    - Zeek Archetype is empty

Edit: The armor shows on the mini-sheet, so not a gamebreaker if I were to play it soon (which I'm not)
    Ikael and I have been busy these last two days, we have uploaded to Smiteworks a new version of IZ 2.0 when it released (after they have checked it and uploaded to update system) you will have the following changes:

Minor interface tweaks (graphics that needing updating to last SW update)
    Compatibility with Science Fiction Companion Extension (Interface zero in Space!)
    Missing graphics added
    Weapon descriptions added
    Bioroids renamed
    Zeek Archetype fixed.

All graphics in the module have been optimised (player's mod size reduced by 30 MB)
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thanks a lot Doswelk and Ikael!
    A very little and harmless one:
    "Shakes" hindrance is listed as Minor/Major. It's just a Minor hindrance.

Also, I've been working on an Android character that has the "Construct" racial ability that makes it ignore wound penalties and I've found that it's really troublesome to keep remembering to turn the wound penalties off before each roll and I've made myself an extension to solve this. I was going to ask to include it on IZ Extension but Android (and their Construct racial ability) are included in the basic ruleset, so can we see it on the ruleset sometime in the future please? This is how I (crudely) modified 'desktop\scripts\modifierstack.lua' to supply my own needs:

Code:
    function applyWoundPenalties(damageType, source, charnode)
    	if OptionsManager.isOption(damageType.prefkey, "all") or 
    	  (OptionsManager.isOption(damageType.prefkey, "physical") and isPhysicalSource(source)) then
    		if isConditionPenaltyEnabled(damageType.nodename) then
    			local penalty = DB.getValue(charnode, damageType.nodename, 0)
    			if hasAbility(charnode, "CONSTRUCT") then
    				penalty = penalty + 3
    			elseif hasAbility(charnode, "IMPROVED NERVES OF STEEL") then
    				penalty = penalty + 2
    			elseif hasAbility(charnode, "NERVES OF STEEL") then
    				penalty = penalty + 1
    			end
    			addOrUpdateSlot(damageType.title, penalty, negativeOnlyValidator)
    		else
    			removeByName(damageType.title)
    		end
    	end
    end
    Last edited by Dr0W; August 18th, 2015 at 07:45.

This is great idea, thanks! I will defenitely create poc about this for the core ruleset. However instead of adding new lines to modifierstack.lua I will introduce way for devs to easily register more custom penalty ignoring abilities. Stay tuned. One another ability beside to Construct that should be supported out-of-the-box is Undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr0W View Post
    Thanks a lot Doswelk and Ikael!
    A very little and harmless one:
    "Shakes" hindrance is listed as Minor/Major. It's just a Minor hindrance.

Also, I've been working on an Android character that has the "Construct" racial ability that makes it ignore wound penalties and I've found that it's really troublesome to keep remembering to turn the wound penalties off before each roll and I've made myself an extension to solve this. I was going to ask to include it on IZ Extension but Android (and their Construct racial ability) are included in the basic ruleset, so can we see it on the ruleset sometime in the future please? This is how I (crudely) modified 'desktop\scripts\modifierstack.lua' to supply my own needs:

Code:
    function applyWoundPenalties(damageType, source, charnode)
        if OptionsManager.isOption(damageType.prefkey, "all") or 
          (OptionsManager.isOption(damageType.prefkey, "physical") and isPhysicalSource(source)) then
            if isConditionPenaltyEnabled(damageType.nodename) then
                local penalty = DB.getValue(charnode, damageType.nodename, 0)
                if hasAbility(charnode, "CONSTRUCT") then
                    penalty = penalty + 3
                elseif hasAbility(charnode, "IMPROVED NERVES OF STEEL") then
                    penalty = penalty + 2
                elseif hasAbility(charnode, "NERVES OF STEEL") then
                    penalty = penalty + 1
                end
                addOrUpdateSlot(damageType.title, penalty, negativeOnlyValidator)
            else
                removeByName(damageType.title)
            end
        end
    end
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

This is pretty awesome from what I've seen thus far. Thanks for all the work involved!

I was wondering if there might be a way to handle TAP related stuff and AMS/engram options in a character sheet tab or something similar? Possibly a way to handle neural toughness separately as well. I just started digging into the kit, so it's entirely possible I just haven't seen it yet, so feel free to point me that way as well

I can see easily handling AI Sprites and VR avatar stuff in a second character bit for PCs that're using one, but haven't figured out a really ideal method of handling AMS and loaded engrams.

Oh, I also noticed that the Store Clerk, and possibly some other NPCs with shotguns have a broken damage entry, where the gun deals -3d6, presumably some extension of the way shotguns are listed 1-3d6 in the text.

Thread Information