5E Character Create Playlist

Alpha-testing UI elements

Here's something that's bugged me for a while, and if it could be addressed it would represent a pretty big improvement to the User experience. The system, as implemented, really begs for (texture) alpha-testing when handling UI clicks. A number of the themes (the 5e theme stands out in particular) add decorative borders to their windows that employ a lot of transparency to create a stylized look. It looks great, but the problem is the engine uses the whole texture, transparency and all, for determining which window you've clicked on.

I've implemented some systems like this before and I know it can be tricky (or in some cases a downright nightmare depending on your existing framework). I don't know how far along the Unity-based release is, and that obviously would have an impact on the value of making such changes to the existing program. I do ask that you at least consider making sure the Unity-based FG supports alpha-testing for click handling. I can't tell you how many times I've had a window visible between two other, but unclickable because it was spanned by a set of borders.

I'll also add this to the wishlist. Thanks!

Edit: Created an item on the wishlist.
    Last edited by TASagent; August 12th, 2015 at 14:39.
    +2 License of Ultimate Hosting
    Current Projects: Murder in Baldur's Gate Module
    Completed Projects: Curse of Strahd module, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide Module, Out of the Abyss Module, Legacy of the Crystal Shard Module, Scourge of the Sword Coast Module, Effect Targeting Extension (5e), Unearthed Arcana: Vitality Extension

I've run into this a lot and just tell players to make sure they don't have overlapping windows if something doesn't work. Voted up though!

This was bothering me all night last night. I kept trying to click on an action button on a character sheet but instead kept clicking on the drop shadow of the map.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Thread Information