5E Character Create Playlist

update Game Calendar

I just arrived here on your site through a stream and wanted to check out which games are available for me.

But the game calendar is nearly useless! There are 14x variants of D&D 5th Edition, why?
    I also have to open every campaign to see when the next game might be...

That is really tedious as a user without any real connections here!

You are perhaps unfortunate (or possibly fortunate) that there is a one day convention coming up on Saturday which is why there are so many games currently on the calendar, those games are all preceded by the tag FGDaze.

You can use the filter at the top of the listing to refine your search for a game and the listing does show 'No' where games haven't started, and it shows 'yes' where players are being accepted. You can also click on any of the headings (Ruleset, Gamemaster etc) to sort the Calendar by whatever listing suits your needs best.

So, if you are looking for a game then filter by the ruleset you want, then sort the campaign by name or by last GM activity and scroll down until you find one that you might want to play in.

I'd suggest that you might want to find one this coming Saturday, and that might help you get introduced into the community.

The problem is that the game system field is entered by the GM's and people type things different.

Wow, literally 14 versions of 5E. Impressive.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    I just arrived here on your site through a stream and wanted to check out which games are available for me.

But the game calendar is nearly useless! There are 14x variants of D&D 5th Edition, why?
    I also have to open every campaign to see when the next game might be...

That is really tedious as a user without any real connections here!
    Alas you are largely right. It is not totally useless but it is not nearly as useful as it could be. I see you signed up for the ShadowRun session. We'll be gentle with you... maybe I too am new to ShadowRun but the GM is a great guy and he will push us in the right direction if we get stuck...

Have a quick read at least of the first couple of pages of this: https://www.shadowruntabletop.com/wp...tart-Rules.pdf - we will be using 4th edition rules so dont get hung up on mechanics - just get an idea of the genre and aim.

The best way to find games is to actively review the forums. Most games dont use the calendar Im afraid. When you see a post that interests you - post your interest and see where it takes you.

Good luck!

The way the community uses the game calendar is an aid to organizing game sessions - mostly to provide syncronisation of game times across multiple time zones, for accepted players to vote on session time and to keep some game specific information secret (connection info).

The way to join a campaign is to look in the LFG (looking for group/game) forum, see if it is still accepting player and post a "I'm interested" reply in those threads. Only apply on the thread related game calendar after posting in the thread.

As a GM I won't even consider anyone who's applied on the game calendar if I haven't had any communication with them.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    The Calendar also suffers from a lack of pruning of inactive/abandoned games and a bunch of PFS games left up long after the game date with *s in front of the name so they dominate the top of the lists.

But there I go banging on that old drum again.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information