DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    Shift Enter..
    I wasn’t aware of that. It might be true for paragraphs and I’m just late to the table.

I hope it’s true for the paragraphs. Maybe I can springboard off that in the code to make it work the same way in chat frames.
    shift-enter is a line feed. It works in other programs like Word etc.

Just tested, does not work in FG though. The xml shows all <p> & </p>

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    shift-enter... Just tested, does not work in FG...
    Now that I think about this, it was a win-win or no-win-no-win situation...

If it had worked, I could springboard an extension off of the functionality. But it doesn’t work, so there’s even more need for the extension.

(EDIT: oops. And btw, LordEntrails thanks for checking!)
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; July 3rd, 2018 at 02:15.

Blog Entries
    … so there’s even more need for the extension ...
    I have become really tired of closing down Fantasy Grounds so that I can hand enter the & #13; as necessary to get the line breaks in the chat paragraph text, so I started looking at writing "the small extension".

It is my opinion that this can not be done. The <formattedtextcontrol> has almost all of its code embedded as builtin, unexposed properties and functions.

Blog Entries
    I have become really tired of closing down Fantasy Grounds so that I can hand enter the & #13; as necessary to get the line breaks in the chat paragraph text, so I started looking at writing "the small extension"... It is my opinion that this can not be done...
    So I have come up with a work-around of sorts. As I am copying text from the source document (.pdf file) and pasting it into Story windows in Fantasy Grounds, I also paste extended ASCII symbols for "new paragraph" into the chat frames, as desired. Then when it is convenient (and there are several "new paragraph"s embedded in the Story) I simply do one global replace in the db.xml file.

Here's a screen shot:
    The left panel is the .pdf. The center panel is a Story dialog with the copy-and-pasted text, in a chat frame, and the inserted "new paragraph" ASCII code. The right panel shows the results after the global substitution.
    Untitled.png

[EDIT] Oops. The really astute reader will recognize that I actually put the ASCII code in the wrong place. Aargh!
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; May 3rd, 2019 at 17:39.

For the record (in case anyone else stumbles upon this as I did), entering a backslash ("\") followed by "n" will create a paragraph break in the text display without actually starting what FG thinks of as a paragraph, so a chat text box will continue as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by paulyhedral View Post
    For the record (in case anyone else stumbles upon this as I did), entering a backslash ("\") followed by "n" will create a paragraph break in the text display without actually starting what FG thinks of as a paragraph, so a chat text box will continue as intended.
    Thanks pualyhedral! This is good to know and it drove me crazy if I had to do multiple chat bubbles!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paulyhedral View Post
    Entering it where? In the Story dialog? When editing the db.xml file? I tried both without success.
    Untitled.png
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; April 24th, 2020 at 22:14.

Entering it where? In the Story dialog? When editing the db.xml file? I tried both without success.
    Untitled.png
    Yeah, the only way I know to do the break in a chat frame is using &#xD; in the XML - as previously discussed.

\n is a line break in the XML for a string control, not within a formatted text control.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Yeah, the only way I know to do the break in a chat frame is using
    in the XML - as previously discussed.

\n is a line break in the XML for a string control, not within a formatted text control.
    I am currently doing this right now in some modules I am inputting into the system. I found that using & # 1 3 ; (remove all of the spaces in there)
    is the way that make it work. I do that as I am doing the input itself (so instead of a carriage return in the chat box for the next paragraph, I put & # 1 3 ; (remove all of the spaces in there)
    and then make it all a chat box). When I save the module, exit FG and reopen the module in FG; now that chat box is 1 and show the carriage return there.

editing because the coding changing to carraige returns

Blog Entries
    You can also use the & # x D; or & # 13 ; sequence with & # 149 ; to get a bullet point list in the Chat paragraphs.

Untitled.png
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; April 25th, 2020 at 01:03.

Thread Information