DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    I added this to the wiki.
    Nice work Griogre.

Thanks for the great replies. That worked great. One more question if I may. Is there a way to re-roll damage so that it amends the previous applied damage? For example, if I rolled 1 on a d6 an applied 1 wound to actor, can that d6 be re-rolled to a 4 result and add 3 to the applied damage or subtract 1 from applied damage and add 4. In general can you re-roll a die and some how amend previous result?

Quote Originally Posted by Malicain View Post
    Is there a way to re-roll damage so that it amends the previous applied damage? For example, if I rolled 1 on a d6 an applied 1 wound to actor, can that d6 be re-rolled to a 4 result and add 3 to the applied damage or subtract 1 from applied damage and add 4. In general can you re-roll a die and some how amend previous result?
    If damage was applied directly (which it usually is due to targeting) there's little you can do in terms of changing things once the result has been processed.

You can however, hold down the CTRL key and re-drag the damage to the target to remove the damage applied - although this may not work if the damage took the target below 0 HP. Holding CTRL negates the number being dragged, so it essentially heals damage. So, you could remove the damage applied this way and then do some additional dice rolling/manipulation, then type a the resulting difference from the original damage in the modifier control under the chat window and drag/drop the damage entry from the chat window to the target. This is obviously a very manual process, but it does allow you to remove damage already applied and adjust via use of the modifier control.

What are you trying to do? There are some additional features available that can auto re-roll a 1 on a damage (or 2, etc.), some info on that here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...eapon-Fighting
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trenloe thanks for your reply. the "Reroll 2" weapon property was exactly what I was looking for. Yes it was so that I could implement Great Weapon Fighting.

Fantasy Grounds just keeps bearing fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Numerical resistance effects are supported in 5E. This was specifically added to support Heavy Armor Master.

The effect Nickademus posted should work. Let me know if it does not.

Cheers,
    JPG
    So a barbarian with the Bear Totem that resists all except psychic would be:
    RESIST: 3 !psychic

Is that so? That simple?

Quote Originally Posted by alainl View Post
    So a barbarian with the Bear Totem that resists all except psychic would be:
    RESIST: 3 !psychic

Is that so? That simple?
    Holy Necro Batman!

the code for this would be
    Code:
    RESIST: 3 all, !psychic
    NOTE that this code does not stack with anything else that says RESIST: x all

Could this be used for the Interception Fighting Style...? Would an effect like "Interception; RESIST: 1d10+2" work...? If not, is there a way to do something like that? I'm aware the usual solution is to create a healing effect after damage has been applied, but because of things like the initial damage provoking concentration checks and so forth, it's not ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Fingersome View Post
    Could this be used for the Interception Fighting Style...? Would an effect like "Interception; RESIST: 1d10+2" work...? If not, is there a way to do something like that? I'm aware the usual solution is to create a healing effect after damage has been applied, but because of things like the initial damage provoking concentration checks and so forth, it's not ideal.
    Having tried this a couple of ways, it looks like the RESIST effect doesn't like dice rolls being in the expression...

RESIST will only accept a numerical value or no value at all. It won't accept dice values.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    RESIST will only accept a numerical value or no value at all. It won't accept dice values.
    Rats! <3 )~

Thread Information