FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Not really. Selected "Export" from the GCA menu, selected the "Fantasy Grounds XML for NPCs" export filter, changed the extension from .TXT to .XML. Then, in FG, I typed "/importnpc" into the chat box, selected my exported file, and voila, it was done.

The only thing that was a wierdness was that the rolling would truncate the name on the period in "5.56mm", so I just deleted that from the rifle entry, and it worked fine. You can delete it before exporting, or after importing, whatever floats your boat.

I am starting to feel stupid here. "/importnpc" does not make the npc show up... anywhere. I even tried to re download the ruleset, i had to get the gca filter, i even tried to fiddle it into the character xml file. Nothing is working. Do you have a new verison of the GCA filter? I found Spyke's site...

/H

We don't stop playing because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop playing!

Now running the first installment of Horizons of the Vast, a Starfinder Campaign, and Kingmaker 2nd ed.

I noticed the ranged attack parser does not like non-alphanumeric characters in the name, except maybe dashes.
    It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

I got the filters and ruleset from here: https://enhanced.vlexofree.com/

When I do /importnpc, the new NPC just shows up in the NPC window, ready to be used.

Ah, thank you kindly sir, for the help. Now it works...

/H

Now running the first installment of Horizons of the Vast, a Starfinder Campaign, and Kingmaker 2nd ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Honken View Post
    Now for Ranged attacks... Any idea on format? I tried the same kinda deal, but only gets :

Script Error: [string "scripts/npcrangedfield2.lua"]:112 attempt to concatenate global 'rate' (a nil value)

/H
    Sorry, I was sorta away and didn't see your question. Ranged atatcks sometimes come in screwy for me, even when I use the importNPC filter. IN fact everything sometimes comes in screwy for me, I don't know why.

But, to your question about ranged attacks. Delete everything after RoF 1,

Sometimes I have to move the mouse to another field, and then come back to the ranged attack to "update" it?

No worries. I got the help i needed from the community. it's all good!

The end result works. Now looking forward to the Core based GURPS ruleset.

/H

Thread Information