5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Help with creating a usable (action) item with charges/uses

Sorry if this has been covered but I could not find exactly what I am trying to do. If it has been covered a link would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to create an item that shows up on the actions tab and can be used causing an effect on the target and expending a change (ammo).

Specially I am trying to create a usable healer's kit with 10 uses and applies the "stable" effect to a target. For the life of me I just can't figure it out. I have tried copying/editing existing thing with ammo but can not figure out how to apply effect. The only way I could get it to show on the actions tab was to give it "Weapon" as type. Just could not get it completed correctly

Thanks in advance for any help insight provided.
    ~~~~
    Ultimate Licenses (Classic and Unity)
    ALL 5E content to date
    (And the user formerly known as Sprou7)

Create a new Power with a Name of Healing Kit and a Group Type Consumables. Right click on the Healing Kit to add the STABLE effect to Targets. Then click the eyeglass next to Consumables group label to open the Power Group - Consumables panel. At the bottom set Uses to 10 and Once. That should do it.

If you have your Actions Tab set to Combat mode this item will even disappear from the list when the charges are done.

Thanks - The only issue I see is if I have other consumables with varying uses. I think if I make the power group unque to the healers kit then that solves it. I was so hung up on items that I did not even think about using power.

Makes sense now
    ~~~~
    ALL 5E content to date

The only other thing I can not get it to do is expend the use automatically. Very minor. other then that it works great. Thanks again
    ~~~~
    ALL 5E content to date

Quote Originally Posted by Sprou7 View Post
    Thanks - The only issue I see is if I have other consumables with varying uses.
    Change the "Mode" button at the bottom of the actions tab to "Preparation" (1) and you should be able to change the uses and usage type (rest, once and daily) for each individual power (2). For the 10 use healer's kit make it 10 and "once":

Just make sure, if you're using power groups, that the "Uses" setting is set to either 0 or a high number that covers all of the powers, as this is a "cap" for all of the powers in that group.
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 21st, 2015 at 18:31.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

What happens when you run out of uses on a 'Once' entry? Does it delete the entry or just make it invisible in Combat mode?
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    What happens when you run out of uses on a 'Once' entry? Does it delete the entry or just make it invisible in Combat mode?
    Just makes it invisible.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Good to know.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Awesome.. Thanks
    ~~~~
    ALL 5E content to date

I found this helpful for adding the Healer's Kit power but I have a character who has the Healer feat. I am trying to create an affect that will heal according the rules: 1d6 +4 + Max HD of target. I am not able to figure out how to get the Max HD of the target included. Can this be done?

Thread Information