Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
  1. #41
    Sorry, that's relevant data.
    <windowclass name="TutorialWindow">
    <frame>campaignlistwithtabs</frame>
    <sheetdata>
    <banner_campaign>
    <script>
    function onInit()
    Debug.console("self", self)
    end
    </script>
    <icon>TutorialTitle</icon>
    </banner_campaign>
    <close_campaignlist />
    </sheetdata>
    </windowclass>

  2. #42
    Disregard.
    Situation resolved.
    Ruleset has changed, no longer includes "

    <template name="banner_campaign">
    <genericcontrol>
    <bounds>16,22,30,177</bounds>
    </genericcontrol>
    </template>

    "

  3. #43
    Hey folks. I've encountered what I *think* is an error in the tutorial.

    In step 6 in the first tutorial, a new snippet of code in the TutorialWindow.xml calls for a <banner_campaign>. Here is the code.

    <banner_campaign>
    <icon>TutorialTitle</icon>
    </banner_campaign>
    As soon as I added this, I got this error in the console.

    Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (banner_campaign) in windowclass (TutorialWindow)
    I tried this in both 5e and 3.5. I get the error in both.

    Am I doing something wrong?
    Last edited by bigbluepaw; January 27th, 2017 at 04:11. Reason: shortened post, tried again

  4. #44
    damned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,586
    Blog Entries
    1
    Hi BigBluePaw - Ive not tried this tutorial.
    That error message means it cant find the template banner_campaign.
    If you look at the post above it appears that this template has been deprecated.
    This was the banner style graphics that came down from top left hand corner of the window...

    This will require some updating of the tutorial to work with the newer layouts.

    What is it you are trying to achieve?

    MoreCore - Generic Ruleset
    --- Projects ---
    Extensions | Tutorials | MoreCore | MoreCore Themes | Call of Cthulhu | Maelstrom | FG Con

  5. #45

    Solution.

    Wh00t. I resolved it on my own. A hint at how to solve it is in the second tutorial. Here is the quick fix.

    1.) Create ExtTutorial_Templates.xml in the XML directory.

    2.) Add the following code to it. This is the entire thing.

    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <!-- This is our MVP for the Extension Tutorial -->
    <root release="3.0" version="3">
    <!-- This creates the banner_campaign template -->
    <template name="banner_campaign">
    <genericcontrol>
    <bounds>16,22,30,177</bounds>
    </genericcontrol>
    </template>
    </root>
    3.) Go to your extensions.xml and add the following code.

    Code:
    <includefile source="xml/ExtTutorial_Templates.xml" />
    This should go right after this code.

    Code:
    <includefile source="xml/TutorialWindow.xml" />
    As I understand it, this resource was depreciated (removed) from FG. So you have to create it yourself with ExtTutorial_Templates.xm, declare it in extensions.xml and then call it from TutorialWindow.xml.

    While frustrating, this was a valuable experience. Thanks!

  6. #46
    Redundant post. Ignore.

  7. #47
    damned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,586
    Blog Entries
    1
    Well done bigbluepaw - what are you trying to make?

  8. #48
    Just trying to get familiar with the functionality right now. But my motivation is to create a tool for navigation, travel, exploration and tracking. It will also build out travel days taking foraging, searching, sneaking, random encounters, hazards and more. It will actually be very similar to the Combat Tracker, only with different functionality. It is my attempt to make the Out of the Abyss travel sections far more interesting and engaging.

  9. #49
    Well this is strange. I don't get any errors in the console, but when the window comes up, the image for the header is teeny-tiny instead of being fullsized. Furthermore, it is not in the middle of the header. It is offset to the left and below, almost in the middle of the window.

    It looks like it uses the <icon> tag, but I don't see where the placement is controlled.

    Code:
    <banner_campaign>
    <script>
    function onInit()
    Debug.console("self", self)
    ExtTutorial.setIconByRuleset(self)
    end
    </script>
    <icon>TutorialTitle</icon>
    </banner_campaign>
    The point of the tutorial is made: you can use a lua script to change what is shown in a window. But it seems like something funky is going on.

  10. #50
    damned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,586
    Blog Entries
    1
    Screenshot please.

    MoreCore - Generic Ruleset
    --- Projects ---
    Extensions | Tutorials | MoreCore | MoreCore Themes | Call of Cthulhu | Maelstrom | FG Con

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in