FG Spreadshirt Swag

How do you make and add a custom 4E module?

I'm new to FG and am importing a in-person 4E campaign we have currently been running on Roll20. (FG seems so much better in some aspects) I'm making a custom module filled with our house rules, items etc. The only thing I'm having trouble with are custom powers, feats and rituals. How can I add these in a drag and drop form where they will be in the appropriate spaces on the character sheets?
    I have parsed all the 4E content and have our main campaign set up. I want to be able to open the custom module in whatever 4E campaign we are running and have the custom powers, feats and rituals available for drag and drop into the character sheet.
    I'm at a loss as to how to create these in the custom module that will make them usable in the appropriate form for players. Am I missing something? Can you modify the parsed modules to add these?
    I know you can manually add these but I want them in drag n drop form for ease of use for my players when creating/modifying their characters.

A couple different options:
    * You can either add them to the XML in the module (if you are comfortable with manipulating XML) using the existing powers/feats/rituals as examples.
    * You can create a PC entry (called "Library PC" or something), take ownership of the PC using a second instance of FG (connect to localhost) (so that players won't see on PC selection screen), add the information to that PC, and then drag to other PCs when needed.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks for the tips! I might try the XML route and if I blow that I'll go with the PC. Seems like they should have an easier way to add these. Thanks again!

I also wonder if adding these into Hero Lab then make our characters with that would be easier...
    (I just figured out how to add custom stuff in HL.)
    Last edited by Doomskull; July 15th, 2015 at 01:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomskull View Post
    Thanks for the tips! I might try the XML route and if I blow that I'll go with the PC. Seems like they should have an easier way to add these. Thanks again!
    I've been using the solution that Moon Wizard suggested for a while, but I'd much rather be able to write to the XML file from the program. It lets you create custom powers and whatnot, so I don't see why we couldn't create a whole custom library that we can export as a module.

There's a whole class of features that I began working on like this, but it requires changes that got rolled into the Unity rebuild (which is still a ways off). So, there will eventually be a way for ruleset developers to define custom sidebar buttons and records in addition to the standard ones. It will still take ruleset updates, but the infrastructure will be much easier. (i.e. feats, powers, etc. are examples)

Cheers,
    JPG

Thread Information