Starfinder Playlist

Player cannot see library module

I have the ultimate license
    I have a player with the free license
    I have the DD PHB Deluxe
    When the player connects, he does not see it in the library and when he tries to load it from modules it does not load.
    I have it set to force player load.
    When I connect as a player via local host I see it.

Any idea why the player cannot?

screenshot of what I see as a player attached.

Might it be a license issue. I have the ultimate license, but it is acting like I can't share data with this player. When another player who also has an ultimate license logs on, he can see the data.

This sounds like the player with the issue is taking a long time to download the PHB data from you (it's quite large). Give them quite a bit of time to download from you (this can take a number of minutes if your upload and/or their download speed isn't that great), or it can take a while if others are logging in, FG is doing some activity, etc., etc.. Give it a while.

I'm guessing that the player with the ultimate licence might also have the PHB themselves? If so, they don't download from you they just open their local copy as you've given them permission to do so (by flagging the module as force download). This would explain why they can see the module OK but the other player can't, as they're probably still downloading it from you.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm not an expert on these matters but I would change the permission from 'force player load' to 'allow player load'. It is just possible that the DRM on the WotC stuff might be interfering with the player being able to view. On the other hand Trenloe knows a butt load more than I do so he's probably more along the right lines than I am

Attached is a picture the player sees. I noticed the little web icon on the bottom left of the data module. Does this confirm your suspicion Trenloe?

Attachment 10391

Also, is there any chance I have accidently changed an FG setting? I am trying from a PC on my home network and it is doing the same thing as the image above after 10 minutes. But that should transfer very fast.

Blog Entries
    nuke the cache on your client PC.
    on the splash screen - Join Game - there is a radioactive symbol upper rhs of screen
    additionally - are the computers on wireless? they may appear to have good connections but you are dowing a large upload and download simultaneously on a shared medium - it may not be doing what you think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by arksorn View Post
    Attached is a picture the player sees. I noticed the little web icon on the bottom left of the data module. Does this confirm your suspicion Trenloe?

Attachment 10391
    The closed book icon is showing that the player hasn't opened the module yet. This is why they can't see it in the library. Drag the book icon to the left to open the book.

You still may have to wait a while for the full data module to be loaded, but this screen is showing that the module has been shared and the player should be able to access it.
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 1st, 2015 at 15:35.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you all for the replies. It did load on my local pc after a while, so I will let the connecting player know it may take some time.

Thread Information