FG Spreadshirt Swag

Best Practices for Lair Actions and Legendary Actions?

Do you have any best practices for Legendary and Lair Actions in FG?

For Lair Actions, I just create a copy of the monster and put them on Initiative Count 20 and make them hidden on the CT.

However, I always forget Legendary actions. Anyone have any good advice for remembering and using them when running FG?

Blog Entries
    Good question. I'm sure others have a better way of doing it than I do. I just try to remember!

Anxious to hear what others are doing.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I actually can't think of any instance where my group has come across something with Legendary Actions. Since they appear on the CT though I'd expect to remember to do them
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I make a blank creature called "Lair", I add it to the encounter just like an NPC, then I adjust it's initiative to 20. I run with a lot of hidden NPCs so I have the CT set to skip hidden actors.
    Legendary Actions, I tell my player(s) "stop at the end of your turn". Even if I decide to not take a Legendary Action, it gives me a moment to consider it.

I write them on a sticky note and stick them to my monitor... can't miss 'em!

Wondering about that too. about to run lots of dragons in my campaing.

I am not a programmer, but my main concern is not so much remembering to use lair actions (I use the blank NPC method like Bubba stated) or legendary actions, but keeping track of them. How difficult would it be to include a way to keep track of Legendary Actions and Resistances within the 5e (or any other) rulesets?

Thanks!
    FG Con 16 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Postponed New date To Be Confirmed.
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info..

Quote Originally Posted by Howell Family View Post
    I am not a programmer, but my main concern is not so much remembering to use lair actions (I use the blank NPC method like Bubba stated) or legendary actions, but keeping track of them. How difficult would it be to include a way to keep track of Legendary Actions and Resistances within the 5e (or any other) rulesets?

Thanks!
    Almost anything is possible with an extension.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information