5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Yup, as Griogre mentioned. Granted you really needed to use the pre-gen characters to play it, but I've frequently entertained running the Dragonlance saga from start to finish in 5E...
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

Yeah, I picked that book up at a Barnes and Noble back in the day. I wanted to have it for the novelty (the book series were my first few Fantasy novels), but the type of games I like to run aren't really amenable to such intense rails.
    +2 License of Ultimate Hosting
    Current Projects: Murder in Baldur's Gate Module
    Completed Projects: Curse of Strahd module, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide Module, Out of the Abyss Module, Legacy of the Crystal Shard Module, Scourge of the Sword Coast Module, Effect Targeting Extension (5e), Unearthed Arcana: Vitality Extension

Non campaign-specific stuff. Converting* all these highly customized adventures (I'm looking at you Dragon Queen) is quite a challenge.

I also asked for them to perhaps release some sort of conversion guide (crosses fingers that something already exists and I've just been unable to locate it). Everything is pretty easy except 4th Edition. There just does not seem to be an easy way to correlate skills, attributes, attacks and such to 5e.

* I meant "converting to a custom campaign setting"
    Wedge
    -----
    Ultimate license holder
    Running a D&D 5e homegrown campaign and a Forgotten Realms campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    There are other settings than Greyhawk? News to me.
    Not in my campaigns. Greyhawk is my first choice by a mile.

I also voted for Athas, because I'd like some psionics to play with. Also, a friend of mine wants to mash together Conan the Barbarian and Mad Max into a campaign using Dark Sun, and that seems like it could be fun.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by epithet View Post
    Not in my campaigns. Greyhawk is my first choice by a mile.

I also voted for Athas, because I'd like some psionics to play with. Also, a friend of mine wants to mash together Conan the Barbarian and Mad Max into a campaign using Dark Sun, and that seems like it could be fun.
    You get something started, I'd be interested in playing if the schedules etc... match up.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I voted the same way Dark Sun was always my favorite and I think that Eberron would work really well in 5e

I voted for Greyhawk. I know it's not a Wizards product, but I'd really love to see Kingdoms of Kalamar come out. I think it was so well thought out, complete, and set up for adventure and the kind of intrigue I like to encounter when I play games.

Birthright, Greyhawk, Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms.
    "We adore chaos because we love to produce order."
    M.C. Escher

"Let's face it: for some people, roleplaying is a serious challenge, a life-or-death struggle."
    J. M. Caparula / Scott Haring

"It emerges that physics is basic but inessential; that is the crucial fact."
    Wolfgang Smith

Spelljammer, Dark Sun, Eberron.

I always have loved Spelljammer. It is a great way to connect alternate campaign worlds and give the higher level players a toy that makes them feel special.

- Robert

Thread Information